Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1261 times)

Offline barnacle

• Site Member
« on: February 01, 2008, 10:23:57 AM »
Hi, just thought I would introduce me and my pup!
I am Becky and my puppy is Barnie, 10 weeks old today. He is a blue roan, and a cutie who is always crying for attention night ans day! This forum looks great.#

I also have 4 kids, 2 guinea pigs and some fishys, and a hubby!

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 10:29:53 AM »
hiya

Welcome to the sight

I also have a Barney, but speolt differently as you can see.

Can you post any pics of the little pup?

Offline Bex1982

• Site Member
  • You cant buy love, but you can buy a cocker :)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 10:30:45 AM »
Welcome!!!  I'm a Becky too i have a Maisie, my 11 weeks old Blue Roan!!  I also have 2 guinea pigs and a hamster!  I live with my parents at the moment with their dog Millie... it is very hard after living on my own for 3 years, me and my OH our having a house built so won't be there long (hopefully).

Barnie sounds just like any pup, "love me, love me, play, play!!!!" the never ending "give me attention!"   :005:  :005: aren't they just fab!!??

I hope you got plenty of sleep before you got him!!  You'll be missing it now no doubt!!

Welcome again to the site!!  Great to have you and your family on here!!
Bex & Maisie xxx

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:32:42 AM »
Hi and welcome to COL

Yes, we need some pics - they are compulsory on here, especially of pups  :luv:

I have Coco who is now 2 and a half and still a demanding little Miss - she was very hard work as a puppy too - the first few months I thought I had made a terrible mistake ::)  Wouldn't be without her now though  :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline barnacle

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 11:35:59 AM »
Yes the sleep is deprived, he keeps waking at 5 and wanting out of the crate, hubby gave in this morning, the whining was so loud, but I bet it will be louder tommorow now! he has had his final jabs today, also microchipped. He has already cost me £150 at the vets, he had an ear infection.

He started puppy playgroup last night, and made himself known to all the other by humping them all. None of the others did this, I hope it is just a phase! I might post on puppies about this because I would like to nip it in the bud if possible.

Have not got any photos yet but will post as soon as I have I promise.

I know what you mean about wondering if you have made a mistake, it is the worry that is getting to me, i am worried he will end up biting one of the kids, they are very good with him, gentle and not very interested really! I read about rage syndrome and it freaked me out a bit.

Offline Bex1982

• Site Member
  • You cant buy love, but you can buy a cocker :)
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 12:13:50 PM »
Yes the sleep is deprived, he keeps waking at 5 and wanting out of the crate, hubby gave in this morning, the whining was so loud, but I bet it will be louder tommorow now! he has had his final jabs today, also microchipped. He has already cost me £150 at the vets, he had an ear infection.

He started puppy playgroup last night, and made himself known to all the other by humping them all. None of the others did this, I hope it is just a phase! I might post on puppies about this because I would like to nip it in the bud if possible.

Have not got any photos yet but will post as soon as I have I promise.

I know what you mean about wondering if you have made a mistake, it is the worry that is getting to me, i am worried he will end up biting one of the kids, they are very good with him, gentle and not very interested really! I read about rage syndrome and it freaked me out a bit.

I know what you mean, i have read about things and they really freaked me out too!!  Doesn't mean it will happen to Barnie though!!  And i am sure if you are that worried you would notice things early enough to do something about it!

Yes please do post some pics when you have some.  We all love seeig each others bundles of joy!!!  :D
Bex & Maisie xxx

Offline jobyhere

• Site Member
  • Jo , mum to 3 humans and 2 woofers Roxy & Izzy
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 02:04:17 PM »
Hi from Cheshire - Izzy and me ( jo)  we too started puppy class last night.  Mine was the only one not interested in playing but spen any chance with her nose to floor sniffing for all dropped treat crumbs - such a lady.

where you based?

Jo and Izzy Wiggles

Offline Gini

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 03:30:21 PM »
Hi and welcome

I have 2yr old golden Willow and 6 month old liver roan Bracken.

Bracken had very smelly ears the first 4 weeks we had her. After antibiotics and different drops I gave up with the vet and bought some Thornits powder. Do invest in some, you'll find the links on the health bit. Bracken's ear problems cleared in just a few days.  A weekly sprinkle has kept her clear ever since, it's worth a try, old fashioned and usually works.

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 03:58:31 PM »
Hi  Becky welcome to COL  :blink:  Its a great forum with loads of advice  :blink:

I  have a red cocker Bailey she will be 3 next month also 2 golden retrievers Lucy and Bracken.    Jo

Offline barnacle

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 05:31:07 PM »
I am from Kings Lynn, Norfolk. I will look into that powder because prevention is better than cure!