Author Topic: Hi still having a problem  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Re: Hi still having a problem
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2008, 10:18:59 AM »
I have explained to Saul that its not that the dog doesn't like him as he was quite upset by the whole thing.

I can imagine. As an adult when we had episodes of it with Billy it was terribly upsetting. Lost count of the number of times I have sat and sobbed and sobbed thinking why ME, what did I do etc etc so for a child it must be even worse.

I think the no couch rule is a very good move right now  :D

Although am not sure if castration will have any effect to be honest.

Keep us up to date, keep your chin up  ;)

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
Re: Hi still having a problem
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2008, 12:49:25 PM »
So glad you are in a more positive frame of mind, and so glad you didn't listen to that first eejit who said your dog had rage!  >:D :o ::)

Sounds like you are making some really positive steps!  :D

Do keep us posted on how you are getting on  :blink:

What worries me about this story is that this behaviouralist could be giving similar advice to other owners who aren't seeking advice from other sources - how many pups have been rehomed because this guy has said that the owner would never be able to trust their dog around their kids???   :'(

I think there may be several "behaviourists" doing that  >:(  There was a thread on here not too long ago, someone was told over the phone by a so-called "behaviourist" (who had never seen the dog) that their dog had rage, based on the "fact" that it was a red cocker  >:D ::)

It's actually rather convienent for these alleged trainers and behaviourists: "Oh, bad dog? Biting? Ohhhh, red/solid cocker? Has rage, nothing to be done for it, put it down, I'll send you my bill"  >:( :005:

its not just behaviourists though  :huh:..i was browsing the net last night and just happened to go on a dog forum where someone had posted a thread saying there 2 year old golden cocker had bitten there son..3 people replied that it was rage  :o and its really common in cocker spaniels and they wouldnt have a cocker as they couldnt trust them  >:(

...i also bumped into a young couple  yesterday who have a working cocker pup(they didnt know it was a workng cocker..just thought it was a cocker!!!)....they had originally gone to buy a westie but saw the cocker pups so had one of them instead.... who asked if i knew about cocker rage and do mine have it  :huh: .... his pup does according to him  :-\ " it runs around the room like a lunatic and snaps and barks at them for no reason " :o  ..he read it on the net so it must true  ::)...there is so much mis-information out there it is frightning ...what is even more frightning is he told me in the next breathe his girlfriend wants to get another one and breed them  :o

i hope you get Kasper sorted and i dont think anyone was judging you ...just think people were concerned  :D