Author Topic: Hi to everyone  (Read 5661 times)

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
Re: Hi to everyone
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2008, 09:16:03 PM »
Hi again Caroline,
Thanks for that.  I've not heard of Kibble, but I might give that a try.  I'm thinking of cutting the meat completely tomorrow to see how she gets on, and just giving milky foods.  Then if that doesn't help reverse it and cut out the milk instead.

Thanks Ann Annette and Emma or your comments.  It's strangely comforting to know that other people have been through the same things with their pets.  It's amazing the void they leave when gone.  I think you are right too about Emily having worker somewhere in her line even if it's not her parents.  Your dogs look gorgeous to me so I don't think I need worry!
Tilly. Forever remembered

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2008, 09:25:04 PM »
Louie, the blue roan in the pic with Heidi, is similar mix to Annette's Buddy, 1/4 worker.  He has a shortish coat but the ears of a show type. His mum was very workerish except her ears. She was a gold too  ;)

Louie likes to work the ground constantly when out, but he's just as cuddly and loving at home as the other two. I probably wouldn't want to miss too many walks with him though, where Jasper would be OK not going out for a day or two, I think Lou would find it hard.

This isn't a fantastic pic, but it's show type Heidi next to worker Rio (Holly's) taken today, there is only about 3 weeks difference in age, but already a big difference in shape etc
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/68457a01.jpg

NB, show type = down and dirty, petite worker wouldn't go in the mud and get her feet dirty ::)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2008, 09:42:58 PM »
What a gorgeous pic :D. Emily definitely looks more like Rio and the pic that was put up of Roxy.  but she can't be a full worker if her mum and dad were show types surely?  Do you think she could be a throw back?  Or maybe change as she gets older.  I feel a bit flummoxed as now I have no idea what she'll look like when she's grown!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2008, 10:35:55 PM »
What a gorgeous pic :D. Emily definitely looks more like Rio and the pic that was put up of Roxy.  but she can't be a full worker if her mum and dad were show types surely?  Do you think she could be a throw back?  Or maybe change as she gets older.  I feel a bit flummoxed as now I have no idea what she'll look like when she's grown!

She will be gorgeous  :luv: , are you able to get her pedigree? that would show SH CH or FT CH to give you a better idea, even if not KC reg, if you are lucky, someone might be able to trace if there is a kennel name  :-\

Here's Lou's mum, she was 1/2 & 1/2 although I haven't much info o type on her mum's one side as they look like commercial/puppy farm
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/Louie/P9100054a.jpg

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2008, 10:50:31 PM »
Thanks Nicola.  I think Lou's mum looks lovely.  I don't think I can get her pedigree, as her breeder was just a man who had bred his dog with his daughter's dog.  Hoping you find Arwen tomorrow by the way x

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2008, 10:58:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum  :D  Whatever her breeding, Emily is beautiful  :luv:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline xlisax

• Site Member
  • Ellie & Max
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2008, 08:29:24 AM »
hiya and welcome i cant believe how much your little one reminds me of my ellie when she was the same age  :luv:

i dont know is she is worker or show as i had no papers with her either :-\ but she is adorable all the same :luv:

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2008, 11:05:31 AM »
Ellie is absolutely beautiful.  I think she looks more like a show type to me.  Very similar to our old dog Tilly.  Emily's ears are slightly shorter so she may have worker in her genes somewhere, although we have been told by breeder she has both show parents.  She has been ill recently with bad diarrhoea but is well now and extremely lively!!

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2008, 02:52:23 PM »
Hi and welcome, Emily-mae looks like an absolute sweetheart  :luv: glad to hear she is getting better.

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.