Author Topic: Can anyone help!  (Read 426 times)

Offline Heavenlyhayley

• Site Member
  • Sadie - Working Cocker Spaniel
Can anyone help!
« on: February 24, 2008, 08:29:24 AM »
Can anyone help? Me and my family are going on holiday in June for 1 week, my parents were going to look after our Cocker Spaniel and German Shepherd but I found out yesterday that something has come up and they can no longer look after them.  I have thought about putting them in kennels but would much prefer for them to stay with someone in there home. I know they would be looked after in a kennel but my dogs are used to home comforts. :lol: I was wondering if there are people that look dogs in there home. Im looking for someone in the Cambridgeshire area who will protect, love and give attention to my dogs for 1 week only.  :luv:

Offline jools

• Site Member
Re: Can anyone help!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:38:10 AM »
Yup, you can get pet sitters who will stay in your home (or take them to their own home) and look after them. You may well get a recommendation for someone in your area on here, which is always the best way to go. I'm not much help as I live in Scotland.

When we're away my 2 board with the lady who runs our local doggy daycare centre. They have loads of fun with the other dogs in the day and then back to Sarah's house for some one to one love and attention.

Hope you find someone you're happy with. x
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 08:43:48 AM »
Have you asked in your vet if they know anyone?  They often advertise on the notice board in my vet.  Also other dog owners may reccomend someone to you. There are bound to be people near you who do dog boarding in their home.   ;) 

There are also companies that organise this sort of thing such as Guardian Angels and Barking Mad:

http://www.g-angels.co.uk/?gclid=CMmamf_v_YgCFR1TZwod_TbQAw

http://www.barkingmad.uk.com/

Hope you find someone suitable.  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:48:24 AM »
If you do a google search for pet sitting and your area, you should come up with companies in your area.  

A lot of companies have franchises in many areas, so you should find one to suit!
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020