Author Topic: Another new addition!  (Read 4745 times)

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
Re: Another new addition!
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2008, 05:47:03 PM »
Kerry, something seriously weird is going on here.  We got Emily from Victoria rd too!  Were the pups in a conservatory at the back off the house?  I also thought I saw some pups on ***** yesterday for the same price that looked like Emily, from b.ham and labelled Billy's pups whiich was the owners name.  I hope he's not up to anything dodgy.  We collected Em on the 10th feb, just her and one golden boy left.
Tilly. Forever remembered

Offline KerryP

• Oscar...6 months already!
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2008, 08:26:14 PM »
Kerry, something seriously weird is going on here.  We got Emily from Victoria rd too!  Were the pups in a conservatory at the back off the house?  I also thought I saw some pups on epups yesterday for the same price that looked like Emily, from b.ham and labelled Billy's pups whiich was the owners name.  I hope he's not up to anything dodgy.  We collected Em on the 10th feb, just her and one golden boy left.
Yes, wierd,yes in a conservatory of the kitchen....is a bit strange, only thing that concerns me is the date of birth.  Definitely sounds like it's the same litter, but I was told the two left were girls, and on the vet card I was given hes DOB says 20/11/08, but then you picked up Emily only a week later being told DOB 13/12/08 somethings not right?? Also with the advert you think might be his on their now.  His bitch (black mother we saw) couldn't have had another litter, and be ready now :huh: I am concerned that something untoward is going on?? Even with what turns out to be confusion..Im sure you'll agree they're lovely dogs :luv:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2008, 08:38:30 PM »
Could they have more than one bitch who whelped much the same time?

When we bought Louie, the breeder had two bitches who'd had litters within a week or so of each other  :-\ We only saw Lou's mum, although the other bitch was in the house at the time because Jasper went to say hello to her  ::) Lou was the last of the two litters to go.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline KerryP

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2008, 08:55:28 PM »
Could they have more than one bitch who whelped much the same time?

When we bought Louie, the breeder had two bitches who'd had litters within a week or so of each other  :-\ We only saw Lou's mum, although the other bitch was in the house at the time because Jasper went to say hello to her  ::) Lou was the last of the two litters to go.
Yes, maybe, just a little worrying with the advert he has now aswell?? If there were two bitches, they couldn't whelp so soon again surely.  Im just a little confused :-\  Your explanation sounds very viable though :D Had a great day in the snow with him today, hope you've all enjoyed it too!!

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2008, 09:14:44 PM »
I searched for that advert again today and it's gone now.  Her date of birth was definitely 12 /12 cos i remembered it as being the same as mine.  I'm a bit concerned in case it's a clearing house for a puppy farm.  I didn't see the mum with the pups, she stayed in the lounge, so could have been any black spaniel.   Emily is a fabulous dog and I wouldn't swap her for the world, but something is not right here.  When she came to us she had very bad skin, and diarrhoea.  I'm not sure whether we should try to contact him or what.  OH is a lawyer and he says there is a breach of trade descriptions law if there is any deception here.

Offline bev6951

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2008, 09:18:21 PM »
I'm reading this thread, its very interesting, I agree it does sound a bit iffy, I would contact them personally, let us know if you find anything out  :D

p.s. whatever both your puppys are absolutely gorgeous
Bev, Wilson & Mylee xxx

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2008, 09:22:25 PM »
Thanks Bev, It is interesting, and I do want to know whats going on.  I was a bit concerened when I got to the breeders because of a few things, but because I'm very impulsive I walked out with a puppy.  And you're right she is gorgeous and very intelligent, so it shouldn't really matter, but I don't like mysteries!!  :blink:

Offline bev6951

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2008, 09:26:03 PM »
Thanks Bev, It is interesting, and I do want to know whats going on.  I was a bit concerened when I got to the breeders because of a few things, but because I'm very impulsive I walked out with a puppy.  And you're right she is gorgeous and very intelligent, so it shouldn't really matter, but I don't like mysteries!!  :blink:
Me neither!! I have to get to the bottom of things if only for my own satisfaction!!  :005: She is beautiful and in the scope of things it probably wont matter but for her sake its good to know exactly where/ who she came from you never know when you might need that info in years to come.  ;)
Bev, Wilson & Mylee xxx

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2008, 09:32:37 PM »
Exactly.  I kept his mobile number too, cos I don't know if you remember I was questioning when I first came on this site about whether she was show type or worker, she does look different to our other spaniel.  Just gotta think how I could word a conversation with him!!!  LOL

Offline bev6951

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2008, 09:37:02 PM »
Exactly.  I kept his mobile number too, cos I don't know if you remember I was questioning when I first came on this site about whether she was show type or worker, she does look different to our other spaniel.  Just gotta think how I could word a conversation with him!!!  LOL
it'll come to you I am sure, just tell him the truth you have got nothing to lose or be embarassed about( only cos you are on the other end of the phone I'd be scared if it was face to face  :005: ), if he gets shirty then I would say he's being defensive if he has a good explanation you have nothing to worry about!!  :D
Bev, Wilson & Mylee xxx

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2008, 09:40:40 PM »
Thanks Bev, I'll see what Kerry thinks , then maybe give him a call.  We're off to Devon tomorrow so prob won't have internet access for a week ph34r.  I'll keep you updated though. :blink:

Offline bev6951

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2008, 09:42:52 PM »
Thanks Bev, I'll see what Kerry thinks , then maybe give him a call.  We're off to Devon tomorrow so prob won't have internet access for a week ph34r.  I'll keep you updated though. :blink:
:D thanks!!  :D
Have a great time in devon.
R u taking pupster with?
Bev, Wilson & Mylee xxx

Offline KerryP

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2008, 09:52:41 PM »
Hmmm, sounds like we're two of a kind...we had a few unsettled feelings, I just fell for him and wanted to take him home, and he's great.  Ironic though, he had bad skin (sorted now) and was very loose (recently changed him from Bakers to JBW,which is just great!)  Just not a nice feeling, I'd like to get to the bottom of it, for birth date and for anyone else that maybe in our position (who knows they maybe on here too :huh:!!  I just had quick look on ***** but couldn't see it.  Don't really know how to go about it, I have his number too!  ;)  Nice to know you though!!  And Oscar can keep in touch with his sis....well us :005:

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2008, 10:02:09 PM »
Hi Kerry, I have to go to Devon tomorrow till Friday, are you going to the Lickey's meet up by any chance? (next Sunday)  If not we'll chat when I get back and see how to proceed.  I definitely want to know what's going on, even if I've got her birth date  right!  She could be 3 weeks older! I'll get in touch with you on Friday.  Like you say though it's lovely that we've found each other adn can keep in touch. :blink: 

Offline KerryP

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2008, 10:08:00 PM »
Hope you have a lovely time in Devon, and we catch up when you're back, it'd be nice to join in the meet but Oscar is travel sick, we had planned a trip to Scotland, but had to put it off! So maybe next time!!  :D

Bye for now
Kerry x