Cocker Activities > Other Activities

List of the agility shows!

<< < (2/4) > >>

AnnaB:
At Kennel Club shows you are not allowed to take a dog with you that is not entered for the show.  If you need to take a dog that is not competing you have to enter them as "NFC" - not for competition, but they still need to be registered with the Kennel Club and the NFC form sent to the Secretary so to be honest spectators with dogs are not really encouraged.  It is slightly different at some venues if the venue is open to the public but that is not the norm.

Rosie:
Although (with my husband's show secretary hat on now!) the rules have been relaxed slightly as "visitors" can go and register themselves and a dog  at the secretary's tent.  This rule was very quietly introduced last year and show secs / managers have to keep  short form with owners details etc.

So guests are allowed but the requirement to register is there I assume for liability./insurance reasons and so that as much as possible show management know who is on and around the site should any problems occur.

This rule was not publicised much and I know at our show last year we had 1 "guest" come and register with their dog. 

In terms of checking out shows around you you do not have to subscribe to agilitynet / agilityeye to check out their schedules page which shows all shows in the month - where and when they are.

Probably easier than all of us in different localities posting about loads and loads of different shows either in hundreds of threads or as one or twos in one massive thread! 

crazyspaniels:

--- Quote from: Cob-Web on April 16, 2008, 09:54:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: crazyspaniels on April 16, 2008, 12:45:19 PM ---I think anyone who competes at any level has to be aware of the shows so far in advance that agilityeye etc is essential reading, dont think enough of us compete regularly on COL to make it viable to cross post all the shows.
Think I am the only Scottish competitor and so I would only be posting about Scottish shows to suit myself  :005:

--- End quote ---

I don't compete, and don't subscribe to agilityeye - but would love to know about shows that may be taking place in areas I might be visiting throughout the year (and who knows? There might be one taking place nearby  ;)) Are spectators not encouraged?......pleeeeaaaaase ?

--- End quote ---

the thing is that there are so many shows that a list covering the UK would be hundreds of shows long.
Maybe if we post about agility competitions happening at other shows like game fairs, dog shows, country fairs etc, that would be more visitor friendly. Its not that an agility show is insular but alot of the time people are either competing or if they are not they are in their caravans, with their dogs by their cars or walking their dogs, its not very spectator friendly unless you are watching people you know. At the county shows etc if their is a competition then it might have an announcer, but at any other show there is nothing to tell someone who came along to watch whats going on - it certainly wouldnt make a family day out unless you know people? I am not saying this to put folk off from coming to watch, just being honest?

Cob-Web:

--- Quote from: crazyspaniels on April 17, 2008, 08:43:08 AM ---Its not that an agility show is insular but alot of the time people are either competing or if they are not they are in their caravans, with their dogs by their cars or walking their dogs, its not very spectator friendly unless you are watching people you know. At the county shows etc if their is a competition then it might have an announcer, but at any other show there is nothing to tell someone who came along to watch whats going on - it certainly wouldnt make a family day out unless you know people? I am not saying this to put folk off from coming to watch, just being honest?

--- End quote ---

I had no idea that spectators were not encouraged at Agility shows in the same way as they are at Exhibition shows; I had just assumed they were open to anyone who was interested to come along and watch!  I know non-competing dogs have to be entered NFC, just as they do in exhibition shows, but didn't realise that it wasn't encouraged  :huh:

Cayley:
Like others I'd suggest going if you know someone there otherwise it is very boring, most people sit in there cars between runs and there's not much to do except watch the dogs run which is ok for about 10 mins  :-\.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version