Author Topic: Only a few weeks left - panic and worry - but toal excitement  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Angels of Fur

• Alfie and Honey
Hello All fellow Cocker Spaniel Lovers

I recently found this website and been reading the forums and finally became a member!!  :D

I find the posts really interesting and how people have the same love of Animals is amazing  :luv:

I will be collecting my first cocker of 2 on 1st May  ;) He is a Choc Tan and will be 8 weeks old - Named him Alfie. Then 16th May our little Golden Cocker will come home (currently with her mummy - At my aunts ) and she will be called Honey.

Ive spent considerable amount so far - bedding, tags, chews all that nice jazz but my bank feels light  :005: All in the name of the game.

How will it work introducing them to each other - as Alfie will hopefully have started to settle down and then 2 weeks later another little arrival!!  :luv: Im worried how Alfie will react to Honeys arrival.
Honey was only a litter of 1 - Alfie was a ltter of 8 (both separate breeders) i have access to Honey each week to see her grow  >:( how fat already taking all of mummies milk  :005: she looks more like a fat guninee pig - but slowly changing. By seeing Honey she can get used to us before she comes home at least - and she has no brothers or sisters.
Will i be able to introduce Alfie to Honey at my Aunts house prior to bringing them home - Both houses have dogs ( all vaccinated ) ????

xx
My life is now complete.......cockers are my life

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
Re: Only a few weeks left - panic and worry - but toal excitement
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 08:03:28 PM »
Sure someone with a whole load of experience will be along soon, :blink:

Just want to say congratulations, and two is definitely a bit greedy, so any probs just pop one in the post to me :005:

next couple of weeks wont take long, catch up on some sleep if i were you,  :005: :005: welcome and some pics please.

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 09:03:12 PM »
Hiya and welcome.

You sound like a Saint taking on 2 little rascals.  :o I'm sure they will be fine it sounds like you're pretty much there with your preparations. And Honey and Alfie sound beautiful...pics needed BTW...it's a must on here don't ya know  :005:

Congratulations on your babies.......and  like Kalu said, get plenty of sleep!   :shades:

Good luck. XX
The cocker spaniel.........It will leave paw prints on your heart which will remain with you, Forever!
'Roxy' (Stellenbosch Demeter)14.06.07-01.10.19 - Forever loved & missed. xoxo
'Milo' (Laurellakes Viktor Rolf) 01.12.2020-

Offline Angels of Fur

• Alfie and Honey
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:44:10 PM »
well i just want to give them all my time and love and effort and i cant wait!!
Photo of Honey will be on Shortly at 3weeks old - Alfie will follow when we collect in 3 weeks.
Went to visit Honey last night and although she is only a litter of one - i was worried she would have no interaction with other brother and sisters, i needn't really worry - she had re-action with the older dogs - Ollie who would be her cousin only 1year old loved to play with her under supervision and same as the other older dogs - hope interaction with older dogs wont be a problem?? xx

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 03:14:37 PM »
2 Puppies.....now that's just showing off  >:(  :005: :005: :005: :005:

Good luck, stock up on your sleep while you can  :D
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Angels of Fur

• Alfie and Honey
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 03:32:11 PM »
Thanks, i know how greedy  :005:
Cant wait to bring them home - time just goes by so slowly - almost as though the magical special day will never happen!! x

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 03:51:43 PM »
Hi

I'm not sure if you've seen this but it explains about getting two puppies at once and what you need to do for it to work  :D.

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=2017.0
Cayley.

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 04:05:16 PM »
Ohhh, how exciting, 2 puppies  :o  :luv:  :luv: I can't even find one  :'(  :005:

How did you come to getting two puppies at once, was it planned from the beginning or one of those funny things that seems to happen when puppies get involved  :shades: :lol2:
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline Angels of Fur

• Alfie and Honey
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 05:40:09 PM »
Well my aunt was meant to do us a family deal - BOGOF! but unfortunately had only a litter of one.
So we went on the search for a breeder....there will only be 2 weeks between them as per my original post. Its all been planned - 2 to keep each other company especially as me and my partner work full time.
Thankfully - my mum will do the popping in during the day whilst im at work !! Thank god for parents!

I just hope they like each other !!

Thanks for the link too...... ;) much appreciated - ill have a little look now.

Honey (in the pic) she is a fat little bloater having access to all the milk....but i love her so much already and how she needs to grow into her skin!! xx

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 06:55:10 PM »
How exciting, you are so lucky getting 2. I hope the introductions go well and that they are both well behaved for you.
I wanted 2 and there was only another little boy left in Eric's litter but financial restrictions took over. I hope to get another one in maybe 2-3 years when my family has settled down a bit (Eric is 5 months and I have a 2 year old human daughter).
Good Luck

Offline mrsjenwood

• Jen & soon to be Molly
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 01:24:40 PM »
We get our golden cocker girl Molly in just over 2 weeks and like you very excited.  Honey looks like she has white on her nose and head, which Molly has.  Molly is from a litter of 2 and like Honey very fat.  Congrats on your little (or large) bundle of joys. 

I'm sure we will be sharing our experiences shortly.
 :D