Author Topic: Our new little boy has arrived home!  (Read 4415 times)

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
  • My love, my life, my cocker spaniel
Re: Our new little boy has arrived home!
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2008, 07:47:54 PM »
love the name, any one would think your obsessed with chocolate!   gorgeous woofies x
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Re: News on Puppy, new pic's and help with names please!!!!
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2008, 08:16:56 PM »
He's yummy  :luv:

As I suggested on another similar thread recently I think a dog of this colour would suit Thornton  :shades:

Woooo hoooo, great choice of name  :shades: :005:

and what a little 'sweetie'  :luv: :lol2:

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2008, 08:29:38 PM »
nope he doesnt look happy on that pillow send him to me  :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2008, 08:35:06 PM »
Oh my he is gorgeous, and i really love his name  :luv:

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »
He is a wee cracker. I love his name - really goes with cadbury too.
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline emilymae

• Sue and Emily-Mae
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2008, 08:06:54 AM »
Lovely pics lovely names.  Off to buy some chocolate now. :blink:
Tilly. Forever remembered

Offline CJ

• Site Member
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2008, 08:15:41 PM »
He's lovely; bet you are so excited to get him home!!

Thornton is an excellent name.  The only other one I know of is a show springer - Larbreck Dark N Delicious, his home/pet name is Thornton (inspired eh?).

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2008, 08:35:07 PM »

Isn't is a tad cruel calling puppies after chocolate when they are not supposed to have any >:D :'( :005:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Cadburysmum

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2008, 12:54:16 AM »

Isn't is a tad cruel calling puppies after chocolate when they are not supposed to have any >:D :'( :005:

But equally cruel on their mum who is on a permanent failing diet so isn't supposed to have any either  :'(  :'(:005:

Wow its been a busy day! Even watching Thornton like a hawk he's managed to pee indoors a fair amount, but more out than in so we not bad for day two, all poo out, hooray! He's also learnt that Mummy goes into a room first,  he must sit and wait, then in goes cadbury and then his lordship himself. So he's picking things up very fast!

Eating and drinking like its going out of fashion and sleeping well, he's in his crate now without the slightest fuss and I keep having to pinch myself, plus he's learnt today to get in and out of the dog flap and stops nipping immediately if we admit a sharp yelp and offer a toy and lots of praise instead.

His big brother is still a little bemused by the whole thing and seems stuck between being gentle because he's tiny and pouncing all over him as he wants to play, lots of mouthing and pawing of each other but Thornton hasn't so much as yelped yet!!! Cadbury has, bless him, when Thornton has nipped, his tail, ears and other dangly bits!!!! Cadbury if he gets annoyed just puts a paw on him and rolls him over or pins him down, which I get a bit twitchy over but am not getting involved as Thornton doesn't yelp and gets up immediately and goes back for more. Alternatively Cadbury just gives him a nudge with his nose. Is this normal? Should I intervene at any stage or just continue to supervise?

p.s. sorry for such a long post just so much in so short a space of time to report!!!  ;)

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2008, 11:34:40 PM »
Cadbury if he gets annoyed just puts a paw on him and rolls him over or pins him down, which I get a bit twitchy over but am not getting involved as Thornton doesn't yelp and gets up immediately and goes back for more. Alternatively Cadbury just gives him a nudge with his nose. Is this normal? Should I intervene at any stage or just continue to supervise?

Nope, sounds like Cadbury is being very gentle about reprimanding Thornton, really well done on his part, so no, I wouldn't intervene. Thornton is getting some very good training in doggy manners from Cadbury  :shades:  (and you can't necessarily go by yelping either, some puppies scream bloody murder when an adult dog looks crossways at them  ::) :005:)

Love the name!  :lol2:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Cazzie

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2008, 11:36:30 PM »
Abs love his name  :shades: :shades: He is soooooooooo beautiful  :luv:

Offline JasperPop

• Jagger
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2008, 09:10:49 PM »
aw he is just adorable.  :luv: