Author Topic: Letting off lead after season  (Read 508 times)

Offline woodlander

Letting off lead after season
« on: June 09, 2008, 04:17:55 PM »
I have read the thread about seasons generally which has been really helpful.  Sweep is coming to the end of her first season and we are worried about letting her off the lead again in case she is still attractive to the boys! The swelling of her girlie bits has gone right down and this is as far as we can calculate day 25 in the cycle.  In practical terms when should we start letting her off the lead again?  Is it ok now or should we wait a little longer.
Your advice would be really welcome - thanks COL's

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: Letting off lead after season
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 04:28:32 PM »
She should be all right to let off lead now, you may want to give her a good bath to get rid of any lingering smells. Even if she attracts some males, she shouldn't be interested in them at this point and will tell them off in no uncertain terms!  :005:

The true gauge is her level of interest, not the boys  :shades:

(and rape is almost unheard of in dogs, most females are well capable of taking care of themselves. If a female gets bred, it is because she allowed it  ;))
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 04:51:52 PM »
We started going out and about on Friday in public doggy places and this was exactly 4 weeks since Indie came into season, I was a bit scared about letting her off lead but kept her on lead for half the walk to see if there was any interest in her which was due to her season and she seemed fine so has been off lead.   :D   

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 09:20:29 PM »
Almost 4 weeks since Rosie's season she is off the lead no problems at all  :luv:
We took her out on Sat in a large population of doggies and nothing from her or any boys  :005:
Jo

Offline september

• Site Member
  • Summer is for ball throwing!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 08:26:02 PM »
I did a tail test with Roxy when she was in season if I tickled her just by her tail she switched it to one side and looked round in a 'ooh ooh' kind of way  :005:  I kept doing this (horrid mummy teasing her!) until she didn't switch her tail and then guessed she was done!