Author Topic: Howling  (Read 898 times)

Offline jenza

• Site Member
Howling
« on: June 21, 2008, 08:45:42 AM »
Tilly has started this weird howling when left - Its a really loud and we'll be having neighbours complaining! No sure why she's started it apart from she has just had her season.   Anyone elses pup does this and any ideas on how to stop it. 

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: Howling
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 09:10:24 AM »

Honey hasn't done this, but it could well be related to her season.  As with all things that have taken a backwards step, I'd go back to basics - try and gradually build up the time you leave her, and make sure she has something fantastic to keep her distracted...

Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline jenza

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 12:57:35 PM »

.....and make sure she has something fantastic to keep her distracted...

errrrrrr  how about hubbys shoe for a fantastic distraction :lol2:   ..........no good him moaning, its his fault for leaving them lying round:005: 

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 01:02:44 PM »

:005:

Yup - that kind of thing would work wonders!!!
Honey was quiet as a mouse when she was chewing up my digital camera!!!!  ph34r
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 05:18:47 PM »
Eric has the most horrendously loud howl and uses it when ever I leave the room even if it's only for 2 minutes. He has only just started this a week or so ago and I am putting it down to a bit of separation anxiety perhaps brought on by him reaching his teenage phase. I just leave the room and pop back in to let him know I am coming back and try to leave longer between each time I come back e.g. close the door when I go up to the loo, then while I make the beds, then while I have a bath etc. He seems to be improving. Good luck