Author Topic: She keeps biting me and just wont stop...  (Read 17978 times)

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
Re: She keeps biting me and just wont stop...
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 02:42:38 PM »
Yeah right, like that little bundle of cuteness would bite you  :005: :005:

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Re: She keeps biting me and just wont stop...
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2008, 12:18:06 PM »
When I've had pups that like biting I have used distraction techniques. Set boundaries and stick to them. If biting ankles and clothes especially trousers are out of bounds ( and they should be for safety) then she needs to know this and it needs to be stopped. All the commands she needs to know, have to be used regularly ie her name, coming to you when called and "No" for when she is going to do something dangerous or you don't want her to. If you shout "no" when she is coming over to chase your trousers (a game to her) then stop immediately,tell her "no" and I would probably pick her up so she isn't continuing to bite put her down a little way from you and use one of her toys to continue her play. They soon recognise with the tone of your voice and the consistant commands used what they can and can't do.This would however apply to anyone who she did this with even if they found it funny. If you're not consistent she will be come confused and the message you send her is even if I say "no" it's ok to ignore me.
Pups need alot of attention and guidance and although they can sleep alot when they are awake they are like young children and need you're undivided attention or how else can they learn what is acceptable and what is not.
Anger and aggression should play no part in shaping a pups early development so you have to be cunning at thinking up distractions or you could soon come to hate your new addition rather than the feeling of love you first had. Pups haven't got the ability to be evil, so any undesirable behaviour must be checked to allow your pup to integrate into your world rather than you living around the pup and their undesirable habits.
Good luck,it all takes time she is very young still but not too young to start to learn andin ant case those needlesharp teeth start to fall out from around 4 mths of age  ;)
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.