Author Topic: Computer help please - keyboard and mouse  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Computer help please - keyboard and mouse
« on: June 20, 2008, 07:04:06 PM »
I know, my OH works in IT and he knows quite a lot about 'puters, but I don't and you know the old saying about cobblers children having no shoes etc etc etc!

Well, here's the thing.....something seems to have happened to both my keyboard and my mouse. It's like they are too sensitive or something. The keyboard is mostly fine, but if I hit "shift" to put a capital letter at the front of a word, I keep on getting the second letter as a capital too even though my typing isn't so fast that I would have time to type two letters whilst holding down the shift key!

That's not as annoying as the mouse problem though. When I click on anything it often registers as a double click. So when I go to preview an email it opens it up, when I click "page back" when on line I go back two pages, that sort of thing.

I kind of think there is way of changing some settings but I can't pin OH down for long enough to get it from him. I guess it might just be the end of my little mouse's life?????

Bear in mind that any intelligent questions you might ask me are going to confuse the pants off me :005: :005: (look, I clicked once on that smiley and got two!)

Offline JasperPop

• Jagger
Re: Computer help please - keyboard and mouse
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 07:47:16 PM »
If your mouse and keyboard are old, then maybe the buttons are "sticking" a little bit.  You could try turning the keyboard upside down and giving it a gentle shake to dislodge any wayward crumbs incase that is a problem.

Other than that I am not really a technical person so I am afraid I cant really help.  They might be ready to be replaced, perhaps OH can get you some really good replacements if he is too busy to fix it  :005:

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 08:22:01 PM »
Tesco value keyboard and mouse are only about £4 each :D
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline mharriss

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 05:09:55 PM »
Think you can change the sensitivity option on your settings????  I think!