Author Topic: Dongle help please ?  (Read 1140 times)

Offline jann

• Site Member
Dongle help please ?
« on: June 15, 2008, 03:15:43 PM »
 :D
Just wondered if anyone has any experience of using a dongle for broadband internet access to a laptop ? for someone without a land line , - and how to go about getting one ?

Thanks Jann ;)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Dongle help please ?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 03:33:27 PM »
I have one by 3 and for the most part, its been really good. I have had the occasional connection problem in the early hours of the morning but it never lasts too long.  T-Mobile have brought one out which I think is the best deal out just now - £15 a month for unlimited use. Not sure how much they charge for the dongle though. You can purchase them through the providers website.
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 07:23:44 PM »
Have got a vodaphone one (from carphone warehouse), is £15 a month and the dongle was free as is an 18 month contract, the T mobile one looks good as it has unlimited downloads, mine has 3mb limit. It depends what you want it for, I hardly use mine so am happy with the one I've got. (was a nightmare with vista thou >:D, glad OH is 'pooter man' for a living :luv:)
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 05:03:37 PM »
 ;) Thanks for your help, Jay and  MegandMolly    :D

I have just been and got a 3 one from Woolworths at £49.99 ( on offer)  pay as you go!  It's for my granddaughter !!
Cheers Jann   :luv:

Offline sezzles

• Site Member
    • Got Milk?
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 06:27:23 PM »
i have a tmobile one and wouldnt recommend it, their poo

i also have a 3 one for my daughter, since i have my fone with 3 i get the internet half price with them so hers costs me a fiver and the signal and image quality online is great, wish i could get out of the tmobile contract, it'd cost me £13 a month for both mine and my daughters then rather than 25 for both and me having crap coverage

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 09:04:44 PM »
I've not had coverage probs with my vodaphone one, but a friend in work has 3 for her phone and a dongle, she has coverage probs until in Cardiff, the valleys are known for poor coverage past Caerphilly.
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)