Author Topic: Sleep deprived!  (Read 1155 times)

Offline mermaid

Sleep deprived!
« on: June 30, 2008, 02:17:30 PM »
Hello all,

this is my 1st post on this forum.

I have a beautiful 12 week old puppy called Honey and I think I have done things the wrong way round!

She is house training very well and she sleeps in her crate in my bedroom at night. She will not mess the crate at all so subsequently evry 2-3 hours she makes it known she needs to toilet but will only go outside on the grass!
It's wearing me out!

I am so shattered by 5am that I put her on the bed with me and she sleeps for quite a while.

Help!

mermaid

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
Re: Sleep deprived!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 02:26:25 PM »
Do you feed her and leave water down for her late? Charley was going 11-12 till 5.30-6 in the morning at 12 weeks, and i used to break the night up with him to let him out! He just stopped waking up and only started to cry about 5.30, most of the time it was later. I dont really know how long it is until theyre old enough to hold all night? Sympathise with you, i had most days to myself, so me and Charley used to have an hour in the afternoon to catch up on some sleep!  ::)

REUBY DOOO!

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 02:43:26 PM »
Hi Welcome to COL  :blink:

I never got up with my pups, they had beds in the conservatory which has a wipe clean floor. I would pick up the water from  about 8pm they would go to bed at around 10.30. I put newspaper down and they used that  :blink: then as they got older their little bladder get stronger as could hold on until the morning  :luv: During the day they would be taken out every 1 hr or so and told wee wee, when the job was done lots of praise and a treat  :blink: mine picked up the command very quickly.
Its very tiring having a pup but its won't last too long :blink: Many people do choose to get up with their pup during the night  :luv: you must do what suits you and your pup  :luv:
Try lifting the water earlier in the evening to see if that helps.  Would love to see a photo of your little one  :luv:
good luck Jo  ;)

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 03:04:39 PM »
Yes photos!  :luv: :luv: :luv:

REUBY DOOO!

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 03:17:28 PM »

I think whatever works for you is the right way...i have 2 and the first one i didnt get up with just left paper down...with the second i got up when she woke me(she was in a crate in our bedroom) and let her out...i dont think it made any difference to the age they were toilet trained..they were both about the same age when they went through the night  ;)
welcome by the way  :D

Offline mermaid

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 04:00:26 PM »

Offline MegandMolly

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 04:21:03 PM »
Don't think Honey is suffering from sleep deprivation :lol2:, cockers and unchewed slippers!! (How did that happen?)
Sam (that's me), Meg (B&W cocker), Ruby (Blue Roan cocker) and Gemma (Black lab)

Offline GinnyB

• Mali, my gorgeous golden girl
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 04:52:05 PM »
oh so is very cute  :luv:
Elsie my beautiful bluey

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 04:55:27 PM »
She is so lovely  :luv:

I know send her to me  :blink:

Then you will get some sleep  :luv:

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 06:17:43 PM »
Honey is gorgeous  :luv:
All I can say is it will get better when she can hold her bladder and bowels for longer

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 09:41:05 PM »
Lovely sleepy puppy you have there :005:  :angel:, as for house training - I think as everyone has said whatever works for you and pup, She is gorgeous by the way :luv:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline janlinnell

• sweep
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 09:54:14 PM »
What a beautiful puppy!!!
Sweep is now 13 weeks. I have been doing exactly as you are but he has slept through without wanting a wee most nights. The breeder helpful instructions said to take away the water at nine each evening and it seems to have worked well. We are thinking now to extend it to 10pm though as he does seem a little thirsty after that time.
We shall see how it goes..........

Offline mermaid

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 12:43:37 PM »
Hi all,

thanks for your replies.

I have done the silliest thing now! Have put her on my bed and she slept all night with me and only once up for toilet. Hubby works away all week so not sure what will happen at weekend! Am doing all the things we said we wouldn't!

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 01:47:38 PM »
Think you may need to buy a bigger bed  :005: :005:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 05:49:54 PM »
How does the saying go? Desparate situations lead to desparate measures,  :police:(did you get your ZZZZZZ'ds in whilst pup was on the bed by the way :005: ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.