Author Topic: utterly shocked at peoples behaviour  (Read 4710 times)

Offline Roslyn McConnell

Re: utterly shocked at peoples behaviour
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2008, 02:32:40 PM »
I would let Jack do a big poo in his alotment!!!

Horrible man!

I would like to say I would never be rough with a dog (my own or someone elses) but I had to once when my dog was being attacked by two Irish setters and that really was a life or death situation, at one point they had one ear each and where playing tug of war with him and he was squealling in pain!

The dogs were actually trained to do this (altho to rabbits not other dogs) they attacked him like a pack of wolfs jumping out of no-where one from behind and one at the front!  when I finally got them off covered in my own blood and shaking I asked the owner to put them back on the lead and he was so aggressive at me! At one point looked as though he was going to smack me in the face and if it wasn't for some people passing in the park I think he would have so he settled for beating up his own dogs and SPITTING at mine!

So just be carefull, there are some really nasty people out there.

Offline Tyler83

• Site Member
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2008, 09:29:10 PM »
I can not believe the behaviour of some people!! Some of the stories have really saddened me about the way people think it's acceptable to treat dogs. 
I just cannot imagine showing any aggression to these loyal, faithful creatures and to hear how some are treated in order to 'train' them is awful! I'd much rather have a slightly loopy spaniel full of mischief and fun, than a do who obeys because he is scared of me.
Just been speaking to a girl at dog training, who took her labrador to some game show at the weekend. She went to a stand specifically for labradors and the man there pinned her dog to the floor after pushing it down by the side of his face...i'm sure the girl said all her dog had done was jump up in excitement. she also said it had heppened so quick, she didn't know what to say and walked away. needless to say, shes now putting a complaint in, to the events organisers.
xxx

Offline chickrockguitar

• Site Member
  • My Little Marlee Boy!
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2008, 11:50:54 AM »
OMG. I do hope this doesn't set Jack back for long.

In all honesty, I think I would have reacted the same way, and then got home and wish I'd had a go at him. I don't know. I guess you never know until you are unfortunately in that situation.

I was out with Marlee a few weeks back, we where heading home when this man and his dog came along, Marlee was off the lead (his dog was on), Marlee went to say hello and so did his dog, and he whacked his dog across his back - very hard. I immediately called Marlee back, thinking he might do the same to my dog. I couldn't believe it. Some people... *sighs*

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2008, 12:30:17 PM »
Thats just dreadful!! I would have had a right go at this bloke - how dare he hit your dog >:(  It also annoys me when people just give mine treats without asking me first!! I agree people.....no wonder I'd rather stick to my dogs!!

I hope Jack has recovered from this and he doesn't now have a fear of men due to the actions of this horrible man.  Give him big hugz from us.....Julie Rio and Blue

Offline haggerty

• Cocker Spaniels rule :) x
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2008, 03:39:00 PM »
Gosh you poor thing and l cant understand how someone could do that to your dog!
How dare he!!!! >:D
Just keep away from the silly man and dont be upset by the way you reacted l would
have been shocked too!!!!!
Take care
xxxxx
Crazy charlie

x