Author Topic: What size of crate to get?  (Read 1371 times)

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
Re: What size of crate to get?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 10:44:52 AM »
yes, but she filled it up and she is not a huge cocker by any means.  If I had shut the door (she started out crated with the door shut) then she would'nt really have been able to turn around properly.  We went for that one as we knew we wanted to swap it for a bed.  It also didn't really give her room to poo and wee as a baby, we made it all bed.

If you want one that will be big enough forever I would certainly suggest going bigger than this and partitioning it off while the puppy is little so its not too big.  Some crates have a moveable end so you can make it 'grow' with the dog!

Thanks for that! Im unsure how long i will need it for, im going to stick with the one i have (24/25) as i also didnt have half bed half paper, so its perfect for a pup, and order a new one if and when i need to.  :D

REUBY DOOO!

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 12:39:56 PM »
Archie is a big boy and he is in a 30" crate.  He has stacks of room to move about and stretch out, so I would say unless you have a giant cocker a 30" crate would be fine.  I recommend 'The Perfect Puppy' by Gwen Bailey and if you are having a girl get The Book of The Bitch, I definitely wouldn't be without the latter.  Loads of kitchen roll and some latex gloves!!!   ph34r  :005:

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 02:26:19 PM »
Bella (0ne year old) has a 30 inch crate and there's plenty of room in it. She can stretch out in it and still has the door shut at night.