Author Topic: help i am new here  (Read 2694 times)

Offline jlscallan

• archie
help i am new here
« on: July 30, 2008, 10:18:22 PM »
i am a new member, when i left dog training at the plymouth club this evening i bumped into a fellow cocker owner, thankfully my coker archie was a good boy so humiliation was kept to aminimum, anayway she advised me of this site and i come on to say hi to any cocker ownwers in plymouth or the surrounding area.
I have one blue oan called archie who is 6 months and am shortley getting a tri colour cocker think he will be called joe, both are show strain i have had working strain too and and familiar with both types and i am obsessed with them both

juanita
A dog is a reason to smile for life

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
Re: help i am new here
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 11:37:22 PM »
Hi :D  glad you found the site ok and hope you like what you see, it's a very friendly and informative site and people on here are so knowledgable, sorry didn't have much time to talk to you what with your class finishing and mine just starting.

Your little Archie is a lovely friendly boy :luv: he recognised another cocker straight away George was pleased to meet him too.

You must post a pic of your boy on here as it's one of the requirements ;)
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 11:50:35 PM »
Hi and welcome, you are lucky living in such a lovely part of the country  :luv:

We are meeting up with Mollycuddles later in the year (October) so maybe you could join us all  ;)  Looking forward to seeing pics of your boys....

edited to add, I'm owned by Jasper, Louie and Heidi  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline beebee

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 12:16:42 AM »
Hi and welcome, we have Maisy now 19 months. My husband is from Plymouth and we are inevitably are Plymouth fc supporters! The Pilgrims Rule !!!

Offline Neacy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 12:16:53 AM »
Hello and Welcome to COL:D

COL is very addictive ;) you will soon be on it all the time :005:

I have Harvey a light blue roan :luv: who is 5 on Saturday.

Denise and Harvey xx
Woo woo Mr Harv, woo woo, he's my best mate.

Offline bubbles

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 09:18:37 AM »
Hi and welcome to Col,
I'm tracey and have a 6 month old blue roan called Barney :luv:Whom I love to bits even tho he digs up my garden  >:D

my special little boy

Offline jlscallan

• archie
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 04:15:42 PM »
i will add a photo of my boy, and then when the new boy arrives will add another, will be archie and joe (as in joe cocker...........very corney i know) but they do have to have mad names as they are mad dogs with massive personalities, trying to stop mine from jumping up at the mo as i think he thinks he is half tiggerrr and a part kangaroo, any suggestions?
A dog is a reason to smile for life

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 04:50:47 PM »
i will add a photo of my boy, and then when the new boy arrives will add another, will be archie and joe (as in joe cocker...........very corney i know) but they do have to have mad names as they are mad dogs with massive personalities, trying to stop mine from jumping up at the mo as i think he thinks he is half tiggerrr and a part kangaroo, any suggestions?
Welcome to COL, got no advice re the half tigger part kangaroo problem- my boy thinks he is not greeting me properly unless trying to jump over me!!

Lisa n Fred x
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 05:02:09 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL  :D

When he jumps at you turn yor back on him and ignore him until he has 4 paws on the ground  ;) Get down to his level by bending your knees and patting him, try not to bend over him - consistency is best and everyone has to be consistant and not give him any attention when he jumps up

If you think he is going to jump up then try and get him to sit, as it is harder for them to jump up from a sit and praise him for doing the sit

Hope that helps  :D

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 09:03:46 PM »
Also when visitors arrive at home - try and put him in another room behind stair gate etc until you can tell them to ignore him if he jumps up and for them to turn their back on him too, give them a few treats and when he has 4 paws on the ground tell them they can then give him a treat  ;)

Offline lee t

• The Fluffter Family
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 03:45:33 PM »
Hello Welcome I hope Archie and Joe will becaome great friends :D

Lee

Offline JasperPop

• Jagger
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 07:32:59 PM »
welcome to COL!  We just need pics now!

I hope little Joe settles in well when he comes home  :luv:

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »
Welcome from Lincolnshire!! hope you find this forum as informative and addictive as I do  :005:

I have Rio (mum) and Blue (son) both blue roans - lets have some pics of yours........ ;)

Offline clovertash

• it's been a hard day at the park
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 10:02:47 PM »
hello,
i'm tasha & frankie (blue roan boy) says hi to.  we are in plymouth, lots of lovely walks, saltram's our usual haunt.  nice to meet you x x :D