Author Topic: Hi owner of 2 cockers and english setter here  (Read 6223 times)

Offline sueinthedoghouse

• Hello my name is Amber
Hi owner of 2 cockers and english setter here
« on: August 12, 2008, 11:31:26 AM »
Hello
am looking for people to walk my 3 dogs with (nothing mad like mountains !)
I live near Tamworth Staffs, can drive am happy to go to Cannock Chase etc
I have 2 cocker spaniels both spayed girls and one english setter boy neutered.
one of my girls is rescued and I would like to introduce her to as many new dogs and people as possible
as am sure she has very little life so far
If you are interested and free in the week daytime please contact me. Sue

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
  • My love, my life, my cocker spaniel
Re: Hi owner of 2 cockers and english setter here
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 11:41:45 AM »
hi im abit far away for a walk with you but thought i would say hello and welcome to COL!
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 12:05:12 PM »
I'm a bit far away too, Welcome to COL. Can we have some pictures of your lot please.
I have 2 spayed cocker bitches and one rescue Boy, who I'm sure has some setter in him.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline sueinthedoghouse

• Hello my name is Amber
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 03:11:52 PM »
http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff357/sueinthedoghouse/sleepyjasperandamber.jpg

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff357/sueinthedoghouse/amberandbeth.jpg

Hi
well as you can see one orange roan cocker one blue roan cocker and one orange belton setter . had get my daughter to help so could be while before I post anymore pics!!

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 06:11:49 PM »
Gorgeous  :luv: :luv: :luv:
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 09:23:55 PM »
Welcome to COL  :blink:

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 09:28:35 PM »
Welcome to COL  :D

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 10:56:05 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 11:05:10 PM »
Ohh hello and welcome - your dogs look lovely  :luv: :luv:  I'm sure you will find some people closer to where you live to meet up with! 

We have Poppy a 14 month old Golden Show type.  We have met up with other owners on here and it was a great day.

Amanda & Poppy x

Offline theduces

• "Sammy & Woody" Best buddies.....
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 08:28:34 AM »
Hi  Sorry but I am too far away to join up.  Welcome to CoL I'm very new to this great site where I am learning so much about being a cocker owner.  Like you I have had English Setters (3 so far and 2 Gordons) sadly we lost our last ES Monty earlier this year and I just had to put on a photo as he looks so similar to your ES. http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w343/theduces/DSCF0064.jpg
We are soon to be the proud owners of a black & tan cocker (show type) and collect him in 4 weeks time... can't wait  :luv: :luv: :luv:
here is a photo of him at 3 weeks old.  http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w343/theduces/Woody2Aug08.jpg

How do you cockers get on with your English?  We have a Gordon 2 years old who is still a puppy (they always are!!) so he will love Woody (getting him from Woodall Spa)!  http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w343/theduces/Sammy18mths-1.jpg

Eojoy your walks

Offline sueinthedoghouse

• Hello my name is Amber
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 09:59:28 AM »
Hi
oh my goodness your lovely english setter could be the twin of my Jasper !! am very new to the col and my daughter was here when put picture up and now have forgotten how to do it ! no point asking husband he is nearly as clueless as me !!so when she next here will put some more up so you can see how alike they are its spooky !!
He is our second setter we lost Chloe in Feb she was 15 years old , and she came to stay over 12 years ago for just 8 weeks and never went back to Yorkshire , she was my father in laws and he became to frail to walk her .
As you can see Amber is same colour as Jasper and they are so good together we rescued her about 7 months ago and she is about 2 years old we think
Beth our Blue Roan cocker is 13 years old and still going strong
Its such a shame we could not meet up think our setters would have a ball !! your gordon is stunning !
Its making want to have heaps more dogs looking on this site , its not always good idea to see all these great dogs !! but they all look so happy we must be doing something right !
Sue

Offline theduces

• "Sammy & Woody" Best buddies.....
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 11:13:25 AM »
Ohh would love to see more photos,  will also put a few more on for you.  I have to say when we lost Monty (as usual) we were heartbroken he was only 3yrs 10 mths and my hubbie said no more...  but I saw a couple of cockers one orange roan & one blue roan &tan (who looked so like my previous tri setter Oliver) that we got to thinking of having a cocker this time so after reading up about the breed and finding this site we set on our search for a puppy.  We read that cockers love to swim which will be great for our Gordie who also can not keep out of the rivers!

We do take our dogs away walking qute often so if ever down your way will let you know,  regards,  June

a few more pics of Monty!!  http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w343/theduces/S6000385.jpg  http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w343/theduces/S6000357.jpg
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w343/theduces/amIwet.jpg
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w343/theduces/S6000561-1-1.jpg
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w343/theduces/S6000608.jpg

Offline sueinthedoghouse

• Hello my name is Amber
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 03:15:36 PM »
Hi again
this forum is taking up so much time - can't resist looking in every hour or so !!
your dogs are so lovely -  was so sorry to hear about your loss at such young age - never ever thought would get over my first cocker she died aged 10 and still feel so bad at saying goodbye ,but she had serious kidney problems and died within days of being taking ill .
on lighter note , I can see from your pictures your dogs like the water 2 ! Both Beth and Amber love to swim although Beth likes rivers or streams etc all 2 herself
Jasper(my lovely setter boy !!) goes in deep but will not swim , he dislocated his leg when only 1 and had to go for 2 ops and hydro for several months , so think he is wary of taking feet off the bottom (bit like me !)
To be honest never thought he would walk again let alone run , but he shows no signs now of the trauma he went through (not to mention us !)
We often go to Northumberland and take all the dogs for long beach walks , did meet chap with 7 setters once but think show dogs and have never seen them on any beaches again which is such a shame they were having such a good time all different shades of English I was in total heaven
As I write he is curled up next to me , he had is usual thursday mad with 2 greatdanes on Cannock Chase today
and is now out for the count
We live near lots of open fields and all 3 dogs like to charge around there , but some days never see a soul  and other times see some dogs but think owners think I have a small pony or horse when Jasper goes bounding up , sure they think he will eat them or something !! which is why am looking for dog walks with other like minded people .
best get back to work or will be here all day writing a book !! thanks for the chats nice talking with you , will send more pictures when my daughters come round !! Sue

Offline MillyMollyMandy

• Site Member
  • Milly Molly Mandy
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 01:03:29 PM »
Hi
Gosh, it seems like ages since I came on COL!

I was prompted by you as received a reply from my very old post back in April. Thanks for getting intouch
MMM is now 20mths and still I fail to train her - i need a slap she is spoilt and smothered and I'm weak to her puppy dog eyes!
Anyway, meeting up for walkies sounds good, although MMM will pull me here there and everywhere but amazingly obedient when off the lead in large open safe spaces, other times she will chase cars, people, birds etc LOL!!
Anyway, let me know if your still keen and I haven't put you off. I don't drive so local would be ideal - Wiggy Park maybe??

Chat soon
Tess
p.s. - your dogs look gorgeous!

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 01:20:18 PM »
welcome to COL im owned by 3 blue roan cockers, i love setters, i always think they are like giant cockers  ;) :lol2: your dogs are lovely, im sure you will find someone on here who doesnt live too far away
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy