Author Topic: Starter kit for bringing pup home  (Read 7488 times)

Offline milly

• Donator
Re: Starter kit for bringing pup home
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 10:43:19 AM »
I know this sounds a stupid question, but here goes :005: Regarding the biscuits in the loo roll tubes. Does the pup chew the loo roll up to get to the biscuit? Do they eat any of it and if so is that ok on their tummies? It sounds good to amuse them but I just wanted to make sure I know what I'm doing :blink:
Milly

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 04:34:58 PM »
Great news that I can use empty loo rolls! My youngest daughter uses nearly a whole loo roll every time she goes to the toilet!!! I'd also like to know if they are safe.
Going to do lots of doggie goodies shopping online next week  :luv: Was devastated to realise that since we won't have our pup at Christmas I can't put the 'lovely' santa suit on it that I saw in a catalogue...(kidding - honest)  :005:
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 04:55:06 PM »

Honey just rips the cardboard away to get at the treat that's inside - our Dining room is littered with little shreds!!!  ph34r  :005:
Never really considered her eating the cardboard, though I guess it's no different to a pup chewing the cardboard box being used as a bed...
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline CJ

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 08:56:16 PM »
Have a 14 wk old pup asleep on my foot as I type (plus a 4yr old in her crate watching me -  the doors open, she put herself in her den).  I'd add vet bed to that, run the vac over it before you bung it in the washing machine, gets the hairs off,  I don't use newspaper with this little monster as she shreds it (mind you, it occupies her in the morning after I've got up at 5.30 am to let her out for a wee and a poo and before I get up for real at 6.30 am!!)  Definitely plenty of kitchen roll, and I give her the cardboard roll to shred it's everywhere, i spend ages picking the remains out of the kitchen, her crate, the garden.... you can get cheap toys from charity shops, obviously check for bits that could harm.......got to go now, my foot is going to sleep, but what a honeybunch she is fast asleep on my foot - wish I'd sat down first!!!! :lol2:

Have fun with your new puppy :luv:

Offline Han

• Darling Darcey
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 09:16:43 PM »
HOT TIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT FLUSH THE KITCHEN ROLL DOWN THE LOO.....

I won't go into detail but thank doG the man hole cover is in my back garden, think I could face anything now  :P :P

Ah yes that reminds me  - poo bags or nappy bags! Lots of ....

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »
Ah yes, spotted nappy bags in Bodycare very cheap the other day so will stock up!!
I am hoping can persuade the kids to part with some of their cuddly toys for the puppy...we have enough to start a shop and that's after several car boots and charity donations ;)
I'll start saving up our toilet rolls now...
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 11:06:58 AM »

Endless supplies of kitchen roll, humour and patience  :lol2:

Nicola...meant to ask where to get the humour and patience? I tried PAH but they don't stock them  :005:

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 09:02:44 PM »
so so exciting!! Looks like there are going to be a lot of new cocker pups over the next couple of months!  :luv: