Author Topic: Hello from wendy and beau  (Read 1065 times)

Offline face of beau

• my beautiful boys breeze and beau
Hello from wendy and beau
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:25:37 PM »
Hello my name is wendy and i have a seven month old cocker boy called Beau. He is a blue roan and tan and is my first cocker spaniel. I also have a one year old liver and white working springer called breeze who loves his baby cocker brother to pieces.
Beau was born with a cleft palate but the very clever nurses and vets at our veterinary practice managed to mend it for him. He was then looking for a home and we saw him fell in love and took him on.
he is however at the moment a little devil i am told that he is an adolescent and will be lovely once he has gotten over this stage!!
Anyone with any advice please shout out as i think he has just gone deaf overnight and chooses not to hear what he is being told. i love him to bits even though he is really naughty,one flash of those eyes and my heart melts. :luv:
life is nothing till you're loved by a dog!

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: Hello from wendy and beau
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 09:18:37 AM »

Hello and welcome!!

There are lots of people on here who have gone through the "Kevin the Teenager" months - if you do a search for teenager or kevin you will probably find lots and lots of advice..  ;)
The general advice is just to go back to basics - don't try and learn new things but constantly reinforce the things he knows but has forgotten... if recall is an issue, a long-line may help bring him back on track!!!

We are owned by Honey, who is 14 months old - her teenage trials have generally been more around behaviour than deaf-ears, but we are getting there - again with the help of a lot of advice from here!!!

Oh, and piccies are a must!!!

You wouldn't be a Dr Who fan, by any chance???  :D
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Mundyboy

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 09:30:42 AM »
Mine suffers from early morning deafness - it lasts until about 10 o'clock at night!  Good for you and yours.
I love my dogs.  They make it worth getting out of bed in the morning.

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 09:37:52 AM »
Hello and Welcome!

Beau sounds lovely - well he must have been to steal your hearts and to win his big brothers affection  :luv: Looking forward to seeing pictures of them both. 

We have Poppy who is a 16 month old golden show type cocker - she is being a very good girl at the moment so maybe we are passed the keven stage at last (fingers crossed but I've probably just jinxed us  :005:)

Amanda & Poppy x

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 10:03:58 AM »
Hello and welcome! Lovely to hear that Beau has overcome his difficult beginning. I look forward to hearing his naughty puppy stories  :005:
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline face of beau

• my beautiful boys breeze and beau
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 01:14:02 PM »
Hi everyone,

thank you all for your words of encouragement. It seems that Beau is just a normal cocker boy of his age - i'm not sure if that is good news or not!!

I am indeed a doctor who fan and a very big fan of John Barrowman who in one episode of Dr who says that his character is known as the face of beau- hence beaus name.

Beau is incredibly hairy and a soon as i can work out how to get a photo loaded i will post some pictures of him. i am afraid that i am a bit of a dunce when it comes to computers so please bear with me and i will do my best!

You all seem to be so freindly i know that i am going to love this forum and learn lots about the breed at the same time, i couldn't ask for anything more!! :D
life is nothing till you're loved by a dog!

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 03:01:55 PM »
Welcome to COL  :D