Author Topic: the count down is on  (Read 3107 times)

Offline annG

the count down is on
« on: November 30, 2008, 12:35:11 AM »
 :luv:    I saw our new puppy to day, :luv: only two weeks old so cute cuddly. can hardily wait but I must be patient and wait until pick up day JAN 12th. Called hem Jaffa and believe, when you see his photo .You will see why .[when I can get it sorted]  so any advice will be wellcome. have been reading every ones posts so will have a good idea as what is comming I have caught the cocker bug and I believe there will be at least 2. one at a time. ;)
:)
JAFFA!

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: the count down is on
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 09:43:20 AM »
My advice to you is concentrate on Christmas as it'll help the time go quicker  ;)

Then make the rooms that your new addition will be in safe for a very inquisitive toddler / crawling baby and that way you should have most things out of harms way  :D

Blimey 6 weeks to wait - I don't know how you lot choose a litter and then have to wait  :shades: With Fern I saw her as her littermates were going to their new homes, we weren't meant to be having one and hey presto 2 days later she came home with us  :005:

Then with Braan (rescue at 14 weeks old) I was told about him on the Monday said no I'm not having him on the Thursday lunch time and then (after a call on Thurs night) friday night I went and got him  :005:
So as you can see I never wait long :005: so don't know how you are going to manage as I definately couldn't  :embarassed:

Looking forward to seeing pics of Jaffa  :D

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 10:34:49 AM »

Looking forward to seeing pics of Jaffa  :D

Me too! I'm a doggy mummy in waiting too! Only 2 weeks for me though! I've been waiting for my very own dog now for about 20 years so to say I'm a little excited may be a bit of an understatement!

Don't worry the xmas hols will make the time go quicker! I've just been busying myself  and trying to make the most of my freedom until my little man arrives! :D

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 06:57:17 PM »
I had to wait two weeks for Barney and that seemed for ever!
At least Christmas will keep you busy. Hopefully you can visit him over the next six weeks. :-\
Can't wait to see him.

Offline t1gg3er

• Donator
  • Darby & Dexter
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 08:45:08 PM »
I think I'd go insane having to wait 6 weeks!  Either that or I'd have exhausted our bank account shopping for the new arrival  :005:

With Mindy we spent 2 weeks looking for the right pup, saw her & brought her home a week later - that wait was agony.  With Darby we decided Friday night we definately wanted another, saw her Tuesday & brought her home the same day.  With Dex we heard about him Saturday afternoon & had him home by the evening  :luv:

Hope the time goes quickly for you.  At least you won't having to fight to keep your Christmas tree up :lol2: and once Christmas is over & most of us are feeling depressed you'll have something fantastic to look forward to  :luv:

Vanessa, Rob, Boys & Doglets
x

Offline milly

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 07:21:00 PM »
I counted sleeps until I could bring Paddy home  :005:
The 1st morning we had him, I got up at 6, went down stairs and gently pushed open the lounge door. He was asleep in his crate and he stood up and yawned. Remember that feeling when you were a child and you went downstairs xmas morning, you opened the door and thought 'He's been  :blink:',
Santa had been and left your prezzies, thats the nearest I've ever got to that feeling again  :005: Feels like xmas every morning when I see his little face  :blink:
Milly

Offline annG

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 04:48:30 PM »
Meet Jaffa the Gaffa.

This is the picture:

Just over 3 weeks o go now.
Merry Christmas  COL to every one will put a  good spread of Jaffa the Gaffa when I have them.
JAFFA!

Offline beebee

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 04:58:39 PM »
We need bigger pics on the photo board pleease! He is gorgeous :luv:

Offline beebee

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 05:01:06 PM »
We need bigger pics on the photo board pleease! He is gorgeous :luv:
Ignore that,  i see he is only a few weeks old ::)

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 06:09:53 PM »
Awww, is he an orange roan  :luv:  I must admit, didn't think you could view puppies at this age  :-\

Offline haggerty

• Cocker Spaniels rule :) x
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 06:35:27 PM »
Arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh l want one!!!!! :luv:
my charlie looks huge!!!
I saw him for the first time at 4 weeks because l was already
on a waiting list with the breeder and she let me have a little peak!!!
Enjoy christmas and get some sleep!!!! :005:LOl Lisa x
Crazy charlie

x

Offline annG

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 06:26:10 PM »
 well 4 weeks, now seen Jaffa again. Hes twice as big running around and a little bark,ooooooo he licked my face and a little puppie bite, so cuddle,I can Hadley wait. now. :luv: >:D :shades: :shades: :o :o
JAFFA!

Offline annG

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 09:19:30 PM »
well 4 weeks, now seen Jaffa again. Hes twice as big running around and a little bark,ooooooo he licked my face and a little puppie bite, so cuddle,I can Hadley wait. now. :luv: >:D :shades: :shades: :o :o
only 4 days to go now.
     This is my last day, all excited,now cant wait as.   Friday last day, no dog in the house. and then the fun will start. little puddles etc. I will be up and away Saturday. Have is bed worming up and his crate ready. o keep him safe from been over mauled by me.
 any way the wait passed delightfully reading all c.o.l. treads and have gained a wealth of information.   thank you all. IM now looking forward to filling all of you in with his antics and the ups and downs living with jaffa the gaffa.
JAFFA!

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 09:26:39 PM »
Bet you can't wait, look forward to some pictures of him when he gets home :blink:

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 12:07:37 PM »
Only 6 days now!!!! Bet you can't wait! Get that kitchen roll ready! ;)