Author Topic: All going brilliantly!  (Read 1171 times)

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
    • http://
All going brilliantly!
« on: July 05, 2004, 12:03:14 PM »
Just wanted to post so say thanks for all the support I got through those first difficult weeks with Woody - we are now out in the big bad world and yesterday went to a local park where we met two 14 week old Cockers - Ollie and Mac - and their owner.  It was sooo lovely to meet a fellow Cocker-lover and swap stories!!   :D

We spent ten minutes walking him on his lead around the grass and then five minutes throwing a ball for him and then we just sat on the lawn (as a family!) and watched the world go by.  Woody was wonderful - jumping up to play with other dogs as they came past and running back to us as soon as my husband called him.  

We were definitely right to wait until two weeks after his vaccinations to take him to the park (more good advice there from you all!) and Woody was very relaxed around the various ducks and geese and coped brilliantly when four children petted him all at once - he even let the oldest girl hold him for a cuddle and not a single nip or moan!!  

What a long post ..... but just wanted to share our first happy family outing!!                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
All going brilliantly!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 01:29:15 PM »
I'm so pleased for you Jo, it seems like things have settled down in the Harbourne family! :lol:

Woody sounds like he had a great time at the park! :D I bet it was lovely seeing Ollie and Mac, whenever we see a cocker it's like OMG a cocker ! (like we've never seen one before ) :roll:

Here's to many happy afternoons in the park! :wink:

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
All going brilliantly!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 01:47:13 PM »
Wonderful, it sounds like it was an enjoyable time for you all :)

I haven't seen any other cocker around my way, I have been looking since we got interested in the breed, but have yet to meet a fellow cocker owner :(

Now that Lottie can get out and about I'll take her and Goldie to lots of new places and hopefully we might find some more owners of this lovely breed.

Well Done Woody for being such a good boy.                    

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
All going brilliantly!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 02:27:04 PM »
Have fun with Lottie and don't forget a pocket full of treats!!   :wink:

I was really confused when I first saw Ollie and Mac because they were still puppies themselves but had tails as well!  I got a bit confused and had to ask "they are Cockers aren't they?"!  LOL!!!  But it is soo lovely to meet other Cockers - you just feel like you're in a special club with very exclusive members - and the joy on Woody's face - "hey, you're just like me!!"  I do wish there were more Cocker owners around here - we'll need to visit lots more parks and see who else can find!! :D                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
All going brilliantly!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 05:47:42 PM »
Oh Jo, it sounds like you had a lovely time as a family  :D

I know exactly what you mean about bumping into other Cockers and their mummy and daddy's - it's sooooo exciting  :wink:

Here's to many more happy times ahead with Woody!                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
All going brilliantly!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 06:57:12 PM »
Excellent news - see there is a real light at the end of the tunnel - not just a torch with dodgy batteries. Don't be lulled into a false sense of security though - which is very easily done. Your work has only just begun. Keep at it and you'll have a gem of a cocker  :D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline lorri

• Site Member
All going brilliantly!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 09:42:32 PM »
Excellent sounds like you all had funny especially Woody. Very impressed that WOody managed recall as Jarvis at 5 months is still a nightmare..well suppose he cant be good at everything.

Anyway lots of luck and more fun days at the park

Lorraine and Jarvis                    

Offline Becky

• Site Member
All going brilliantly!
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 09:53:59 PM »
Really pleased for you Jo, and Woody!
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!

Offline Laura

• Site Member
All going brilliantly!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 11:21:52 AM »
Was really happy to read this post Jo - well done for all your hard work!! Makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?  :lol:                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09