Author Topic: Hello from Holly's new Mum  (Read 5130 times)

Offline *Sal*

Re: Hello from Holly's new Mum
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2008, 08:53:22 AM »
My little girl is continuing to thrive and blossom  :wub:

She is settling into our routine well and now sleeps happily in her crate at night. She loves her food and does not hesitate to push past the others to make sure I don't miss her out  :005:

We have an appointment with our vet on Friday for a good check up and to see exactly what dental work will need doing, which I am dreading, but will make her more comfortable.

I will update when I know more....

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2008, 10:45:54 AM »
Aww that is fantastic that she is doing well and lovely to see her with your other dogs I'm sure they give her comfort as well....

Amanda & Poppy x

Offline *Sal*

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2009, 03:04:54 PM »
Holly met our vet this morning and what can I say but it is the most wonderful start to 2009 that Holly could have.

Mark has put her age at 7-8 instead of 10 which is great news. My other Cocker Ben is around 7-8 so hopefully now they'll have many years of companionship.

She does need some dental work but Mark doesn't think he'll need to remove more than maybe 4 teeth. Her ears aren't too bad. A good clean out and drops will clear that up. Her heart is also good and strong.

He thinks she has had pups at some point and has only recently been in season, so we'll look into getting her spayed in a few months.

The best news, that had me in tears, was that one of her cataracts is beginning to break up so she **may** get a very small amount of sight back. I'm not going to get my hopes too high, but WOW, that would be amazing for her 

Members of NESSR and Cockers online have donated £340 to Holly's fund at NESSR so far. I thank you wonderful people from the bottom of my heart. And of course, eternal thanks to Rhy and Cynthia for being there for her when she so desperately needed them xx

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2009, 03:20:19 PM »
Awww Great News!!!  :lol2:

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2009, 03:40:35 PM »
That is fantastic!!!  I'm thrilled to hear that she is generally of good health and wouldn't it be just be fantasic if she could see even a tiny bit more to help her  :luv:

Give her a big ((Squidge)) from me and Poppy - I think about her quite a lot.....

Amanda & Poppy x

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2009, 11:26:57 AM »
Wow! that's fantastic news - it is lovely to hear how Holly is getting along and how lucky she is to have found such a loving home  :luv:  we send lots of hugs and best wishes  :D :-*

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2009, 04:35:16 PM »
Have shed a few tears reading this post - nice to know that there are so many good people out there.  Hope you have many years of cocker hugs & kisses from Holly
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2009, 10:55:18 AM »
That is fantastic!!!  I'm thrilled to hear that she is generally of good health and wouldn't it be just be fantasic if she could see even a tiny bit more to help her  :luv:

Give her a big ((Squidge)) from me and Poppy - I think about her quite a lot.....

Amanda & Poppy x

I too have been thinking about Holly quite a lot - I would of loved to have taken on Holly or another dog in this situation if it wasn't for working full time I would of jumped at the chance. Its great you are keeping us up to date and what amazing news about Holly's health - here's hoping some COL prayers can help smash that cataract.

What wonderful peopl of COL as well for helping to raise so much money - the people on this site really are a bunch of special peeps!!!

Hope Holly continues to thrive and can't wait to see more pictures

L&O x