Author Topic: Hellol from confused prospective owner  (Read 1861 times)

Offline SimonandMandy

Re: Hellol from confused prospective owner
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 10:02:21 AM »
P.s. I am not bothered too much about colour,although I don't want a solid golden ,temperament more important. we have a lovely golden boy who thinks he is more hooman than dog... rage is pretty much bred out now so very rare to find, make sure you meet mum (and hopefully dad) and you should get a better idea of temperament.... just make sure to let the right puppy pick you and you will be owned for life  ;)

Offline wales07

• Site Member
  • Honey - rest in peace my precious
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 10:22:42 AM »
Definately go for a breeder who optigen tests. The breeder who doesnt want to put her dogs through a blood test but is quite happy to potentially be breeding pups who will go blind in the future seems to be defeating the object really- what a stupid excuse >:D

I disagree though about putting your name on lots of breeders lists. Go and check out lots of breeders but when you find one that you are happy with then only go onto their list.If you find a breeder that ticks all your boxes then its worth waiting for imo.

Offline pip1965

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 10:43:56 AM »
Simon and Mandy,its not that I don't want a golden because of rage its to do with sentimental reasons  and a dog I knew as a child.I am confident that rage is pretty much a thing of the past as long of course as you stick to reputable breeder.Your dog sounds gorgeous !

Offline craigfleur

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 06:15:46 PM »
hello and welcome  - good luck with your search