Author Topic: 'Kevin' is in full swing  (Read 1234 times)

Offline little_jack

'Kevin' is in full swing
« on: February 27, 2009, 09:34:01 PM »
Hi All

Feels like Im asking loads tonight. Im pretty certain we have Kevin the teenager living with us now. Lots of things I was expecting from reading threads on here (selective hearing, chewing things up, trying to get food off plates and general bad boy mischief). However, Im not sure if this is part of the teenage thing, he seems to be going back to 'biting.' Now hes not biting like he was as a young puppy, not really painful drawing blood etc. but he is leaving a mark. When doing this he is also doing what he used to do when he barks at us and jumps. Currently, Im dealing with it the same way I did when he was younger, firm 'no,' ignoring and leaving room if it continues. Just wondering if this is a part of teenage stage? Or if anyone has any comments/advice? Thanks. Hes 9 months old btw.

Kayli

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Re: 'Kevin' is in full swing
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 10:56:54 PM »
It might be due to him possibly cutting some more teeth.  I understand that they have the equivalent of human wisdom teeth come through between now and 12 months of age.  :-\

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 12:59:57 AM »
Poor you, I hate the kevin stage >:D

It might be due to him possibly cutting some more teeth.  I understand that they have the equivalent of human wisdom teeth come through between now and 12 months of age.  :-\

That’s what I thought too :-\.   For what it’s worth Brodie is ten months old and still occasionally mouthing when she's excited (poor girl has a slightly deformed jaw :'().  A couple of months ago - just as she was beginning to stop ::) - she suddenly got worse.  I’ve read that this is the time where their teeth are ‘setting,’ causing them some discomfort. 

I'm sure someone will be able to advise on what to do if it's Kevin-based behaviour, but I think that you would be doing the right thing by walking away :huh:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline rebeccabloor

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 07:46:25 PM »
Hi ya,

Bentley is at this stage too, he has found his voice and lets all and sundry know when he visits the garden 'i'm here and it's MY garden' and is mouthing when excited. When we come back home and he comes out the crate he gets so excited he puts something in his mouth and grunts and groans otherwise he would bite us.  :005:

I didnt know they cut more teeth at this stage and would definately say that Bentley is getting some as he's 8 months.

You could try encouraging a soft toy in his mouth when he mouths you ?

Offline little_jack

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 08:45:19 PM »
Thanks for all the replies. Currently the little  >:D is all sleepy on his chair. He looks like an  :angel: rather than hooligan he is at the mo  :005: . He had one of his barky/bitey/jumping moments which lasted a few minutes. After firm 'no' and ignoring, he eventually just gave up. Figure if I keep doing this he will get the hint  :D

You could try encouraging a soft toy in his mouth when he mouths you ?

Thanks, have tried that but when he does it he is in a really bouncy/jumpy/growly/ launch-himself-at-you sort of mood so we have never managed to be able to do this. Also doesnt help that he has pretty much chewed all of his toys to bits  >:D . I just keep telling myself it wont last forvever  :D

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 08:52:30 PM »
he has pretty much chewed all of his toys to bits  >:D . I just keep telling myself it wont last forvever  :D

Brodie has went through her toys one by one since about six weeks ago - she’d never done it before, little devil >:(

It won’t last forever, one day you’ll wake up and realise your little >:D has turned into a little :angel: (maybe :005:)

x In memory of Barney x

Offline little_jack

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 08:55:48 PM »
he has pretty much chewed all of his toys to bits  >:D . I just keep telling myself it wont last forvever  :D

Brodie has went through her toys one by one since about six weeks ago - she’d never done it before, little devil >:(

It won’t last forever, one day you’ll wake up and realise your little >:D has turned into a little :angel: (maybe :005:)

Yep Jack has gone through all his toys and his bedding which he has never, ever touched before. Little monster  >:D . The  :angel: stage seems very far away at the moment. Its a good job hes so cute  :luv: