Author Topic: hi all  (Read 2512 times)

Offline *angel*

• Limited Member
hi all
« on: March 29, 2009, 07:38:32 PM »
hi, im lucy and im 18 years old. i live with my fiancee craig, my 2 year old daughter ellie, craigs daughter amy (at weekends) a chihuahua called lilly and a cocker spaniel called Holly, Holly is 2 years old and i got holly 2 weeks before i gave birth to ellie. holly is a golden cocker with a brown patch on her eye and on her tail and white patches on her chest. she follows ellie everywere and is so gentle around her but thinks its great these days because ellie will sit and throw a ball for her all day if i would let her haha.

i know your all proberly thinking - "OMG shes 18 with a 2 year old" but i can tell you now, she wasnt planned, craig treats her like his own daughter, i work full time and she is the best thing that happened to me. her dad used to hit me but i carried on with the pregnancy because its not her fault. she sees her dad on a sunday morning but he has to come to our flat and me or craig have to stay with them because he is to childish to be left alone with my princess.

sadly i cant post pictures (cant connect my phone to laptop) but i cant wait toi get to meet other cocker owners and ellie just wants to see pictures haha

xx

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
Re: hi all
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 07:41:53 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL :D I have a black working cocker called Betty and a staffy/collie cross called Millie
Barbara, Betty & Millie x

Offline skyesmum

• Limited Member
  • My 2 Girls!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 07:51:38 PM »
Lucy,

You have a hard time in the past -but it sounds like you are doing really well!  :luv:

Hope to see some pics of your lot soon!  ;)

Take care,

Gill  :-*
xxx  Gill, Skye-de-Pie and Puppy Ruaidh  xxx

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 07:54:06 PM »
Hi welcome to COL! I've Gizmo a 1yr old working cocker...but no kids yet  ;)
Hopefully you'll find that we're a really non-judgemental bunch (so long as you've got a cocker  :005: ) and it's good to hear that you've got a lovely family going on there.
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline *angel*

• Limited Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 07:55:20 PM »
i forgot to add - because i cant post piccies, il try and give u a idea of what the lazy bum looks like, - i have told you her colouring, she has a natural tail (that is destructive haha) gorgeous long ears due to never having them cut, she has a natural cocker clip on her body, luckly she loves being groomed and fussed, she loves wearing t-shirts and she loves children. i have been i shouldnt have holly because of ellie but holly lets ellie do anything and has done from day one, ellie also knows how to treat lilly.
 anyway, sorry for adding all that on. xx

Offline GillSarge

• Harley, Chester, Flint & Benson
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 07:59:14 PM »
Hi and welcome, I'm owned by 4 cockers all working type, 2 chocolate Flint and Chester, one blue roan, Harley and tan and a liver roan and tan who's blind, Benson.  Glad you've sorted yourself out, sounds good to me.  And getting a dog at the same time as having Ellie, makes no difference, it's worked for you, and that's what counts.  :D

Offline *angel*

• Limited Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 08:04:01 PM »
the main reason i got holly was because i had been on a waiting list for a year because i wanted a puppy off one particualr bitch and when i got the phone call to say she had pups, i went to see them, fell in love with holly, paid for her, then brought her home at 7 weeks, thought i would have a few weeks with her before ellie was born because ellie wasnt due for another month and a half but then the little madam popped out a month early, but ye, i am glad i had holly at the same time, she was my other baby haha, plus i wanted ellie to be brought up with dogs like i was.

Offline Stacey

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 08:06:26 PM »
Hi im Stacey, owned by Archie (orange roan, 3 yrs old), I have 2 daughters, one is 7 months and another 4 going on 13 lol! Welcome to COL!

Offline gabbycocker

• Donator
  • Gorgeous Gabby
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 08:09:34 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL. We have Gabby a blue roan show type girl who is 4 1/2 months old. I also have four children - 2 girls and 2 boys aged 7, 6, 4 and 2 1/2 - and I musn't forget the OH.  :005: :005: :005:

I am not judgemental at all with regard to the age of 'mummys' - in fact during my midwifery training (I only did one year - but that is another story!!!!) I got to meet some fabulous 'younger mummy's' who I will never forget. You sound that you have a really happy life now and best of all you have a cocker spaniel.  :luv: :luv: :luv:
Kerry & Gabby xxxxxx

"My little dog---a heartbeat at my feet." - Edith Wharton

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 08:13:12 PM »
Welcome to COL!  I have a little liver roan show type who is almost a year old, her name is Brodie :luv:

Holly sounds gorgeous :D

x In memory of Barney x

Offline *angel*

• Limited Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 09:53:39 PM »

Holly sounds gorgeous :D

thanks, she is lol, one in a million, perfect first cocker.  :luv: her loads, my little teddy bear, curled up on the sofa next to me hehe. although she loves playing with ellie and amy, she loves to curl up with her mommy at the nights, oh and daddy haha.

Offline Angels of Fur

• Alfie and Honey
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 10:18:35 PM »
Welcome to this addictive site, i think what you need to do now as you have describer her so well, ( now im dying to see her ) you need to get a photobucket site and you can send the pictures to the site direct from your mobile and THEN upload through here. PERFECT!

welcome, sounds like you have had a bit of a horrible past but have overcome all that, put your daughter first and come out really strong! Like all ready mentioned, we are not a judgmental lot, we are all just Cocker obsesssed.

I am owned By Alfie and Honey, Alfie is 1 and is a worker who is Choc and Tan, Honey is also one ( not from same litter ) she is my golden little lady with a brown/pink nose. She is half show/Worker
My life is now complete.......cockers are my life

Offline JohnW

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 11:07:05 PM »
welcome to col, :D

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 11:35:18 PM »
welcome to COL , i have dennis 16 week old blue roan cocker puppy. i have 4 children , rebecca age 5 years , sarah age 3 years , joseph was two at the beginning of march and chloe is 23 weeks. i am a young mum too , i am 24 and have been married to hubby kevin for 5 years  :D
it sounds like you have had a rough time but have come out the other side  :D

where abouts are you from?

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 09:37:32 AM »
Hi, I'm new here too, and already spend all my spare time reading posts! I have 2 children, Chloe whos 10, and Luke whos 8, I had them quite young too. Your Cocker sounds gorgeous, I always wanted a brown one! Unfortunately it didn't happen for me, but I now have a show cocker, chops whos 9, I had him just before my son was born, and the bond between them is unbelievable! I also had another called Chewitt, but he sadly died of liver cancer at 8, so I now have my gorgeous working cocker, Smartie, whos 2 now!

Welcome to the site!
Nina, Smartie and Chops x