Author Topic: Yaaaaay - Chloe is a water baby u/d pics to prove it!!!  (Read 2281 times)

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
Yaaaaay - Chloe is a water baby u/d pics to prove it!!!
« on: April 05, 2009, 04:37:40 PM »
I never go out without my camera...except today I forgot it and lo and behold Chloe went for her first swim  :luv: She went charging into the river after a bird (norty girl, I know) and before she knew what was happening she was swimming, and she swam right to the other side and back! I am over the moon, it was such a lovely sight....(her Mum didn't swim until she was 3 years old, so can't wait to tell her breeder). I soo wish I'd got pics, but hopefully tomorrow  ;) Does everyone get excited when their dogs first learn to swim?

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Yaaaaay - Chloe is a water baby!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 05:43:44 PM »
Does everyone get excited when their dogs first learn to swim?

nope, at 5 months it was the start of a lifetime of a constantly wet dog and towelling dry (and a tide mark around the living room)  ::)

TBH I never expected him not to swim so I wasn't overly excited and can't really remember when he actually swam properly.  I know he was swimming on our first Cornwall holiday with him and he was 5 months then...

Glad Chloe enjoyed it  :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »
Way to go Chloe you big girl  :luv:

Murron still tends to have a paddle and not a proper swim, although she usually squats and has a pee in the water, think the North Sea is a bit too cold for her yet  :005: woosey girl.

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 05:50:49 PM »
..you clever girl Chloe  :luv:
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »
Clever girl Chloe  :luv:
Lucy Loo swam for the first time (to my knowledge anyway) today as well, we were on the beach and she went in a rather deep rock pool  :005:

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 06:04:36 PM »
Does everyone get excited when their dogs first learn to swim?

nope, at 5 months it was the start of a lifetime of a constantly wet dog and towelling dry (and a tide mark around the living room)  ::)

TBH I never expected him not to swim so I wasn't overly excited and can't really remember when he actually swam properly.  I know he was swimming on our first Cornwall holiday with him and he was 5 months then...

Glad Chloe enjoyed it  :luv:

Well, I guess its one of the benefits of being a first time dog owner, you can get all excited about things that seasoned doggy owners just expect  :lol2:
And, by the time we got home she was already dry  ;) Must admit, I was a bit over the top about it though, I phoned my pal from my mobile screeching at the poor woman, Chloe's swimming, Chloe's swimming; fortunately she knows what I'm like and pretended to be really pleased  :shades: ;)

Offline skyesmum

• Limited Member
  • My 2 Girls!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »
I understand Sue!

Skye only started swimming a few weeks ago (she has just turned 2)  - and now she loves it!  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
xxx  Gill, Skye-de-Pie and Puppy Ruaidh  xxx

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 08:15:02 PM »
I can remember Smudge's first swim and I was well chuffed too, now he is such a little waterbaby it is a hard job keeping the little monkey out of the water. Katie's not so keen at the moment (an only likes it when it's warm kinda gal  :005: )

Glad you enjoyed it Chloe ;)........and mum of course ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »
SkyeSue, I’m sending Brodie up to you, please send her back when she’s a water baby like Chloe :lol2:

I really thought today was going to be the day as she ran at a stream at full pelt, only to take a sharp left at the water’s edge >:(.  I live in hope......

x In memory of Barney x

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 10:57:03 PM »
SkyeSue, I’m sending Brodie up to you, please send her back when she’s a water baby like Chloe :lol2:

I really thought today was going to be the day as she ran at a stream at full pelt, only to take a sharp left at the water’s edge >:(.  I live in hope......

Well, to be honest, the only reason Chloe swam today was due to her obsession with birds....which is definitely NOT a good reason for going for a swim!!!! Hopefully, next time, it will be under my control, and she will go in to fetch her aqua toy.... ph34r :005: :005:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 08:28:37 AM »
Coco still won't swim - I know she can when she has to but she just doesn't like to take her feet off the ground.  :dunno:

I often take her down to a brook which is mostly shallow enough for her to walk across but if it looks a bit deep and I have thrown her ball over, she will run several hundred yards to the bridge to get over the water and then run back to it to avoid getting her dainty little shoulders wet  ::) :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 08:35:26 AM »
I often take her down to a brook which is mostly shallow enough for her to walk across but if it looks a bit deep and I have thrown her ball over, she will run several hundred yards to the bridge to get over the water and then run back to it to avoid getting her dainty little shoulders wet  ::) :005:

:lol2: oh, bless her  :luv:

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 08:35:52 AM »
Coco still won't swim - I know she can when she has to but she just doesn't like to take her feet off the ground.  :dunno:

Nell won't swim either  ::) she did chase after a fish on Skye once, went up to her elbows and decided that was far enough..she's a big wuss when it comes to water  ::)

* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »
I am still not certain if Bonnie boo can swim, we walk by the river everyday but she only goes into the shallow bit by the bank. She loves mucky ditches though and deep puddles then really moans when she gets wet with nice clean warm water when being washed which is practically everyday
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline cerinrich

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 10:04:20 AM »
Hattie swam for the first time last weekend - we were really chuffed too, although it's going to make having a river at the bottom of the garden more tricky! She hasn't been keen at all before and has barked like mad at her retriever friends who love swimming but she's gradually got bolder and bolder, was quite happy going in up to her tummy and so we kept throwing sticks just out of reach and eventually she needed one too much and had to swim for it.