Author Topic: Another convalesing sickie here - what to reintroduce into diet  (Read 452 times)

Offline woodlander

Sweep has had a bout of sickness on and off over the last 10 days or so.  She has some antacid and antisickness pills from the vet which we are finishing the course of.  Dont know what caused it but her wees and poos have been pretty normal throughout.

She seems to be much better in herself over the last 3 days and is beginning to ask for food.  Her rice and chicken/tuna diet is obviously not filling her up enough as she improves.  We are wondering how to reintroduce her normal diet JWB kibble and usually some bit of meat or fish. 

Should we just add a little kibble to the rice etc and see how she gets on.  I have read on many previous posts that chappie is good for upset and delicate tummies.  Do you think we should try this.  I don't want to upset her tummy again by trying another different diet -if you see what I mean.

Thanks for your wise words of wisdom

Offline Ellie

• Site Member
Re: Another convalesing sickie here - what to reintroduce into diet
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 10:59:15 AM »
I'm afraid I don't have any words of wisdom about diet, but I'm glad to hear Sweep is feeling better in herself and is asking for food  :D .

Offline Han

• Darling Darcey
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 03:42:31 PM »
I would just gradually reintroduce the JWB kibble over 3-4 days - so a quarter kibble, then a half, then 3/4 and see how she goes.

I wouldn't introduce a new food at this point (eg Chappie) because if sweep reacts to it you won't know if it's the original problem or an intolerance to the new food.

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 08:17:16 PM »
When mine are poorly I use fish and rice then slowly introduce JWB over a couple of days mixed with the fish and rice so to fill them up  :blink:

always works a treat  :luv: Hope Sweep is better soon  :blink: