Author Topic: HELP Barking puppy during the night!!!!  (Read 817 times)

Offline Kev

HELP Barking puppy during the night!!!!
« on: March 04, 2009, 08:45:03 AM »
I did post this on another thread yesterday but I have a seven month old puppy who has always been great at sleeping through until last week that is.

He goes into his pen as normal at bedtime but about 30 mins after he starts barking the house down. I've tried ignoring it but he's so loud and my next door neighbour did mention it the other day that he's keeping her awake so I've had to let him into the bedroom. I'm not sure why he's suddenly started doing this the only thing a can think of is my girlfriend is away with work at the moment and he is missing her.

Anyone any suggestions the best way to stop it?

Offline cbaker023

• Site Member
Re: HELP Barking puppy during the night!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 11:18:49 PM »
I'm really interested as to what people have to suggeHst, Marty has started barking a lot more aswel. He barks to go outside and then barks when he's outside he must be able to hear another dog or something, and he can pay no attention to me i use the watch me command and i'm trying to teach him the quiet.

I'm staying back at my house for a few days ( we've been at my parents for a while now as i'm job hunting and it works out cost effective staying there ) and its even more of a problem here ( same amount of barking etc as at my parents ) but because its a terraced house the neighbours are right next to us and whilst they haven't complained to us i know it will be keeping  them up as theres a dog 2 doors down that used to bark a lot and we could hear it .

I've started to let him sleep in my room just as i feel guilty about keeping neighbours awake and also so he settles. He comes straight into my room and sleeps at the bottom of the bed and not a peep out of him until morning.

So i'd be interested to hear what people suggest, Martys just turned 11 months so is a bit older but quite a similar problem or so it seems.