Author Topic: Shocking news at the vet today!  (Read 7950 times)

Offline Sue E

Re: Shocking news at the vet today!
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 03:13:19 PM »
Out of interest is it the Turkey & Rice JWB you are feeding? I have known of some dogs who also had sloppy poo's with this variety. As suggested maybe try him on Arden Grange or if you want to stick with JWB maybe try the lamb & rice variety.  :D

Its actually the fish and rice JWB - he was on chicken and rice IAMS originally so when we changed we changed flavour too, hoping that would help.

Spent last night and this morning collecting poo samples (really don't want to do that again!) and dropped it off at the vets this morning.  So just have to wait and see what they say now.  I'm actually quite amazed at such a vast difference in dog sizes - just goes to show that you can't generalise them. 

Thanks to everyone for their best wishes and messages of support - you really are a great bunch  ;)

Sue

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 05:07:31 PM »
Out of interest is it the Turkey & Rice JWB you are feeding? I have known of some dogs who also had sloppy poo's with this variety. As suggested maybe try him on Arden Grange or if you want to stick with JWB maybe try the lamb & rice variety.  :D

Its actually the fish and rice JWB - he was on chicken and rice IAMS originally so when we changed we changed flavour too, hoping that would help.

Spent last night and this morning collecting poo samples (really don't want to do that again!) and dropped it off at the vets this morning.  So just have to wait and see what they say now.  I'm actually quite amazed at such a vast difference in dog sizes - just goes to show that you can't generalise them. 

Thanks to everyone for their best wishes and messages of support - you really are a great bunch  ;)

Sue

maybe he has a rice intolerance :dunno:

can we see some pics of your gorgeous boy please  :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Sue E

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 07:56:59 PM »
Would love to add some pictures, but don`t know how, any help please?
Sue

Offline cerinrich

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 08:02:20 PM »
Have a look here - you post them from a host site like photobucket -it's easier than I've made it sound!

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=14543.0

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2009, 08:03:03 PM »

Offline muckypups

• Lifes easy when your a Dog
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 08:06:07 PM »
Buddy is now 6 months and nearly 5 kgs, hes very small but always has been. He also suffers from sloppy poos. I feed him a weetabix nearly every morning to firm him up. He is also on JWB. Hes happy and healthy and very active so im not worried. Good luck on your test results x

AKA Buddy

Offline Sue E

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 08:18:08 PM »
Hi, thanks for your reasurance, how tall is Buddy?

Offline muckypups

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2009, 08:37:32 PM »
will let you know as soon as i can get hold of him. Ive been chasing him round garden last few mins and i think he knows i need him to stand still so is being a complete beast  :005:

AKA Buddy

Offline muckypups

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2009, 08:49:45 PM »
ok he is 13 inches from floor to top of back. Cant do to top of head as he keeps twisting and turning.

He came home to me at 8 and a half weeks wieghing a measly one kg and took weeks to put anything on because of the constant poo problem. Changing to JWB helped but its still not great. The first one of the day is ok but the rest just get runnier as the day goes on. Its a nightmare on walks as hard to clear up  ph34r.

If you look at some of the recent Berkshire meet up photos you can see the difference in his size compared to some of the other cockers he just looks like a baby, Joules slide show is good if you click on her pic it shows you a few more photos  :luv:

AKA Buddy

Offline Sue E

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 09:09:34 PM »
Finally got some pictures up - the first one shows him when he was about 10 weeks old and the other two were yesterday.  So you can see he's grown.......a bit.....

Offline cerinrich

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2009, 09:28:24 PM »
He looks lovely!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2009, 10:26:36 PM »

he is SUCH a poppet  :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline sazzysue

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2009, 11:02:22 PM »
Ohhhhhhh what a sweetie  :luv: :luv:
hugs and wishes that he gets better and puts on weight soon  :-*

Sue & Marlo

Offline muckypups

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2009, 10:14:15 AM »
What a beautifull puppy. He looks quite stocky too me. He may just be a small dog like Buddy. As others have said they come in all shapes and sizes. Try changing from the JWB and see if the poo problem clears up. Im going to try the arden grange i think  :D. Good Luck

AKA Buddy

Offline Rachsparkles

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2009, 11:05:09 AM »
Rrrr, Ozzy looks beautiful.  Good luck with test results, let us know how you get on x