Author Topic: Hello from Hampshire!  (Read 4301 times)

Offline AnnieA

• Donator
  • Ted!
Hello from Hampshire!
« on: June 08, 2009, 11:48:51 AM »
Hi Everyone  :blink:,

I've been lurking for a while and have found this forum to be a fantastic source of information, and have decided it is finally time to say hello.

I live in Hampshire with my husband, son and two grey cats, Fergus & Carson, who are in my avatar.  I will post a bigger picture of them in the appropriate place.  We have been very carefully considering adding a cocker to our family for some time now.  I am now on the waiting list for a litter with a COL breeder - don't know if I'm allowed to say who?  If all goes well (and I know there are no guarantees), the pup would be joining us round about September time  :luv:.

Lovely to have found a place with so much good advice - I know what I'm doing with cats, but am a dog novice!

Anne

Sleep tight Henry, our little snuggle puppy :luv:

Offline sassie

• Site Member
Re: Hello from Hampshire!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 11:57:59 AM »
Hi - a warm welcome from me, I too am waiting for my cocker puppy.  This is a great and friendly site and soon becomes addictive, your cats are gorgeous - I love the grey, british blue colours.  :blink:

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 12:01:28 PM »
Welcome to COL :D
I have a little show type cocker called Brodie, she’s a liver roan and just over a year old :luv:
Your cats are gorgeous :luv:. Good luck with getting your puppy, this forum has helped me so much through the puppy months :blink:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline AnnieA

• Donator
  • Ted!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 12:12:40 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes  :D

Brodie is beautiful - love the name too  :luv:

The cats are chuffed with the compliments  :lol2:.  I have posted a bigger picture of them on the Rescue Cockers photo thread - they will have to be honorary cockers for now  :005:

Offline Victoria

• Site Member
  • Beautiful Betsy
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 12:14:39 PM »
Hello and welcome.  

I am in Hampshire too and have two show cockers Betsy (blue roan) and Lola (orange roan).  I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your puppy when he or she arrives.  

Offline highlandlass

• Robbie the Rebel
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 12:22:39 PM »
Hello from up here in sunny Inverness. :D
I live here with my beautiful black and tan bonkers working cocker - Robbie who i have had since a pup - he is now 2!
And i added a my wee ginger princess (Floozy) about 3 months ago - 3 year old rescue working cocker from NESSR!
Add to that 3 teenage boys and you get a glimpse of my mad life - i come on here for some sanity!! lol
 :005:

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 12:34:12 PM »
Hello and welcome! I live in Hampshire too, in the north of the county.

I share my sofa with the gorgeous, orange roan Morgan who will be having his first birthday next week. We also have 2 moggies who don't rate their cocker brother too highly  :005:

I hope all goes well with your chosen litter and you'll soon have your new puppy!
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 12:36:08 PM »
Hello and welcome!!

We are also in Hampshire - we are near Southampton....
We are owned by Honey, a working cocker who is just coming up 2 years old!

Where abouts in Hampshire are you?

I would definately recommend getting signed up to a good puppy class, not only for the training tips, but the opportunity to mix with other new puppy owners!!  :D

Claire
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline AnnieA

• Donator
  • Ted!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 12:48:05 PM »
Where abouts in Hampshire are you?
We are in sunny Fleet.  I will definitely be finding a puppy class - we know a few other people here with young dogs, so hopefully we will be able to get a recommendation  :D

We also have 2 moggies who don't rate their cocker brother too highly
This is what makes me the most nervous - we completely adore the cats and hope it doesn't turn in to war  ph34r

3 teenage boys and you get a glimpse of my mad life
Argh - 3 teenagers!  One nearly-five-year-old is enough of a  >:D for me!  Jealous of you being in Scotland - we lived in Glasgow for five years before we had to leave because of OH's job  :-\.  Hampshire is very lovely too though  :D

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your puppy when he or she arrives.
Believe me, when we finally get our pup, there will be no stopping me with the camera  :005:

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 12:51:50 PM »
We might see you around - we live in Church Crookham.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline mcphee

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 12:53:44 PM »
Good afternoon. Rufus and I live in West Sussex (Chichester) so we are quite near Hampshire, and spend a lot of time there. Rufus is 4and a half and my first dog. If I had known about CoL, I might never have got Rufus, because I would have done things much more carefully, and I am sure his well meaning breeder did not understand the implications of using a working sire with a part working bitch! Any how, as it is, I couldn't be without him and CoL helps me to feel I am not alone. I have learnt a great deal. I am seriously considering another cocker, probably a rescue or rehomed bitch, 6 months or more so I will be really pleased to see photos when you post them. It is easy to forget the first year (except for the constant reminders about the house) and the photos bring it all back. Ps Our old cat was 12 when Rufus arrived, but died a few months ago. The new kitten and Rufus have what can only be described as an active and exciting relationship.

Offline AnnieA

• Donator
  • Ted!
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 01:03:21 PM »
We might see you around - we live in Church Crookham.
Excellent - I was wondering if anyone was local  :blink:

The new kitten and Rufus have what can only be described as an active and exciting relationship.
:005: :lol2: :005:
Love it!  We are hoping that by getting a pup the cats won't see him/her as such a big threat  :huh:.  I'm hoping the house is big enough for them all to go and find their own space if things don't go so smoothly  ::).

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 01:08:10 PM »
Hi and welcome.

Bet you can't wait for your new addition  :luv:

I am owned by the two monsters below. Woofie is 10 and Maddie is 4.

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »
Brodie is beautiful - love the name too  :luv:

Thank you :luv:.  Have just looked at the photos you posted of your cats, they are stunning :luv: :luv:.  I'm another Scottish COLer, I'm in West Lothian so not far from Glasgow - it's a pity you had to move, I'd have loved to have met your new puppy on one of the meets.  You'll have to take tonnes of photos when he/she arrives to make up for it :lol:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline AnnieA

• Donator
  • Ted!
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 01:28:29 PM »
Bet you can't wait for your new addition  :luv:
It is very exciting, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.  We were disappointed earlier in the year when a litter we were interested in turned out to be a singleton pup.  As it happens, I think it was for the best as I now have some doubts about that breeder.  If this one doesn't work out I will just keep trying   :D

I'm another Scottish COLer, I'm in West Lothian so not far from Glasgow - it's a pity you had to move, I'd have loved to have met your new puppy on one of the meets.
Lucky you - lovely part of the world!  I hated having to move - we've moved four times in the last five years - but hopefully now we shouldn't have to again.  Or rather if we do, OH will be moving on his own  :005: