Author Topic: What a change!  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Mittens

• Rock Steady Eddie
What a change!
« on: June 06, 2009, 08:56:21 AM »
Does your puppy sleep for England? (or any other country).... We've gone from sleep deprived to can't get him out if bed in just a few short weeks! Not that I miss the 5.30am starts but he's now popping himself straight back to bed after breakfast - following a nine hour sleep at night! It's not normal! :005:
Tracey, Eddie and Ruby

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: What a change!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 09:05:32 AM »
Lucky you  :D  Make the most of it I say!  ;)  Puppies do sleep a lot but just not usually when you want them to  ::) :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 02:51:26 PM »
Misha was a sleeper, I could always guarantee that she would go back to bed after breakfast, in fact they both do now, which is when I go and have my shower.  She also likes to be in bed by 8pm and thats when I'd go and do the grocery shopping as I knew she wouldn't be getting distressed at being on her own.  Enjoy it while you can - Roly was the opposite and would never let me out of his site without a tantrum.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 08:31:34 PM »
Thank your lucky stars :lol2: I went to the vets over Penny's sleeping habits or lack of waking times should I say when she was about 14 weeks old. Was concerned because I told the kids to expect a whirlwind after our old dog and got a sleepy head instead. He run tests on her and I spent money just to be told pups were like children they come in sleepy, normal and hyper models :005:

Phoebe on the other hand who is a pup from Penny was a real live wire as a pup and she hardly ever slept if she could be having fun instead.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline louisedi

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 11:42:32 AM »
While your puppy is sleeping it is growing, puppies need alot of restto develope into strong adults, I always advice my new puppy owners not to over exercise there puppies, playing in the garden is enough, just take them out on there lead for short spells to scolize

Louise & Harbethol gang

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »
I wish.......... mine is more the other way.  He is a whirlwind in the making!!!  He wakes at 5am, and it is non-stop unless we give him enforced rest.....and put him in his crate.  We have to do this for the sake of the older puppy, and the 8 year old dog.  He wears them both out. Ha Ha. 
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline pamela

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 09:57:15 PM »
Enjoy it while it lasts  :005:
Ben gets up, has breakfast and goes back to sleep too, and he's 9 now!

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 12:32:36 AM »
My two are like chalk and cheese. Alfie was a maddy  ::) and never slept, literally he would have us up all day and night whereas Lenny sleeps right through  :angel: Throughout the day too he snoozes his little head off  :luv: We forget he is here sometimes  :005: until he wakes up of course  :005: