Author Topic: 2 Gorgeous Boys  (Read 1667 times)

Offline chrisj1957

2 Gorgeous Boys
« on: June 13, 2009, 03:17:56 PM »
Hello all
We have got 2 orange roan pups aged 16 weeks Baxter and Angus.They have been no bother at all since day one.Both are house trained and are little treasures they have brought so much happiness to the house.Apart from the odd scrap they get on together Baxter is the more confident pup with other dogs Angus lets him see whats happening then dives in as well.They are learning little tricks every day.I read that getting 2 pups would be  a nightmare but so far so good.Had probs with food at first as Baxter was eating too much but seperated them when eating now.Only thing now is chews and toys they argue all the time even though have identical toys.Baxter drinks a lot more water than Angus has anyone else got 2 pups around the sam age than can give us tips as to how they are managing.Will post photos when I know how !!!!

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: 2 Gorgeous Boys
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 04:06:55 PM »
to COL

I have a little female cocker called Brodie, she's over a year now and is a liver roan show type. My aunt owns Brodie's litter sister Bria who she sees quite often, I know it's not the same as them living together constantly, but they have always got on very well. There has only been one or two proper fights between the two of them, but our main problem is that when they are together they are usually obsessed with each other - nothing else really matters (which made the training classes they both attended a bit of a challenge :005:). They constantly (and I mean constantly >:() playfight together though they've never really guarded anything from each other. I don't think I could cope with living with them both 24/7 though :lol2:

I was worried that things would change between the two of them once they reached the teenage stage but so far everything's been fine - although Brodie has been spayed which may have made a difference :-\

Enough of me waffling on :lol2:. Your two sound gorgeous and I look forward to seeing photos of them :luv:

Enjoy the forum :D

x In memory of Barney x

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 05:36:01 PM »
Hi and welcome, they sound fab and am loving their names, We have Belle she is 14 weeks and a black show type. She too is very good on the whole, really look forward to seeing their pics ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 05:43:26 PM »
hi and welcome, we look forward to seeing some pictures of them  :blink: im owned by 3 blue roans
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline LILYMAY

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 06:03:29 PM »
Hi and welcome,  we have two beautiful girls :luv: - both 17 months old. We have had them since they were both 8 weeks old. They are an absolute joy to own, although we have had up's and down's with them both ::) . They are both so different in character - one will go to absolute anybody to have a fuss, wants to play with every dog on the park- yet the other one is very reserved and a bit timid. We have had so much fun and so many laugh's and continue to - they are both  :luv:

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 09:53:32 PM »

Hi, welcome to COL we have two working cocker boys Bramble & Beri who are now 19 months old...they are brothers from the same litter and have been no problem at all.  They don't fight and still eat from the same bowl etc.  They have lots of energy but we love them to bits and we can honestly say we have had no problems at all with them.  We did have them neutered at 5 months though which also caused no problems.  :luv:
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly