Author Topic: Barking at dogs when out  (Read 536 times)

Offline Sarah16

• Site Member
  • Mollie
Barking at dogs when out
« on: July 02, 2009, 08:23:04 PM »
Pippa has always been a bit vocal since we have had her, barks at Mollie to get her to play, barks at me to get my attention or when I am doing her food - all these we ignore her until she is quiet. ph34r

The last few weeks Pippa has started barking when out as well, to start of with she would bark when another dog barked. Now she barks when she sees a dog walking towards us on lead and also when running around with other dogs she will start to bark. I do try to distract her with a toy or treat but have had a few comments where people have thought she is aggressive as she also if a dog gets too bouncy or sniffs for too long she will tell them off with a bark growl, she doesn't touch them, she will then run around and play with them again once they have calmed down.

We are still struggling with walking along roads as she is still very nervous of vehicles when they are coming from behind, she is fine when they come towards her.

Other than that she is so good, comes when called instantly on walks, really good at retrieving, obsessed with balls and water and loves meeting people. In the house other than her barking at everything she is very laid back and happy, if she picks up something she shouldn't , you can call her and she will bring it instantly to you. She has never done any mouthing and doesn't really have a mad half hour, she will sit and play with her toys and chews for ages, but liks to be near me.

Sorry a bit of a long post, but not sure if it is becoming a bit of a problem and not sure how to remedy it.

Pippa