Author Topic: Teething Pain  (Read 1196 times)

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Teething Pain
« on: September 13, 2004, 10:26:37 PM »
Alfie is teething - two came out yesterday and the poor mite seems to be in some pain :(

Hes managing to eat athough hes prefering chews but hes really struggling with water. It really seems to hurt him to have a drink, he cries the place down after taking a drink and hes getting more then ever on the floor so Im worrying hes not drinking enough.

Other then bonjela and cold carrots anyone have any other tips? And should I be worried about the drinking? Hes on  JWB 80% with 20% naturediet - hes really gone off the naturediet and prefers the crunchy stuff but of course thats less fluids

Caroline and Alfie

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Teething Pain
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 11:31:07 PM »
you might find this old thread useful TEETHING

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
    • http://
Teething Pain
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 10:02:39 AM »
Thanks for raising this Suki - Woody is currently going through the same thing - he's five months old now.  He's already lost his front teeth and is now having pains while his back molars start coming out.  Coincidentally, we had carrots for Sunday lunch and last night my husband gave him one to chew on and he loved it!  

I guess the next few weeks will be difficult but all dogs have to go through it right?  

Thanks for the advice too Gilly!
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Teething Pain
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 07:30:38 PM »
Lottie is 5 months and also going through teething.
To be honest I have found Bonjela to be the best solution.
She is so patient while it is being rubbed on and it definitely helps a lot.
Other than that, she loves to chew ice cubes.
Hopefully, in another month she should be through it. :)  

Offline s baxter

• Site Member
    • http://
Teething Pain
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 07:46:25 PM »
we`ve just found one of Alfie`s molars that had fallen out ,well hubby trod in it and had it struck in his foot  :blink: Alfie`s had no problems just loves to chew all the time but i`d hear a wet\damp knotted flannel from the fridge to ease the discomfort works well it`s a shame some of you pups are suffering :(  
sue baxter and Alfie

Offline MPG

• Site Member
Teething Pain
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 09:20:49 AM »
Hi there, our puppy is also teething and we find the knotted muslin or cloth, soaked in water and then popped in the freezer works wonders or, as above, ice cubes.  There is a great product called "Chilly Bone" see link below it's a frozen bone flavoured with vanilla so encouraging them to chew it, they also have a great range of toys etc.  

http://www.happypet.co.uk/showsub.asp?maincategory=dogs