Author Topic: A quick question  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
A quick question
« on: July 24, 2009, 06:12:42 PM »
Hi , Dennis is now nearly 8 months old and is fed on JWB puppy. I have just gone to order my next sack of food and ordered puppy without too much thought , i have now been thinking he should probably be on the junior one ,do i just change over ? Also i was going to add a JWB pouch a day but when i went in to my feed place they dont sell them but they did sell naturediet pouches so i thought we would try these ? Does anybody else feed these ? are they ok ? they look good.

Thanks Maria

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
Re: A quick question
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 06:16:14 PM »
I'd say junior or even adult at 8 months, prob not puppy. Naturediet is good stuff and prob better than JWB pouches  ;)

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline black taz

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 06:17:16 PM »
 I also bought some of the naturediet pouches today for the first time to mix with their other food so will see how that goes.  

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 06:23:52 PM »
Well i have tried him on a bit of the naturediet mixed with his biscuits and its gone down a treat  :D Just recently hes not been as interested in his food so i wanted to add a bit of something to make it more interesting for him , is it ok to be mixed with his complete food if i reduce to account for what im adding ? Would he be ok on adult now , i thought he had to be on the puppy until 12 months .

Thanks for your replies

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 08:23:50 PM »
When Coco was younger she had a mix of kibble and Naturediet - worked for her  :D  Just make sure not to overfeed.  ;)

There was a thread recently about changing onto adult food and most people seemed to go straight onto adult about 6-7 months  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 08:54:01 PM »
I put mine straight onto adult food at about 6 months and I've also mixed Nature Diet and dry food (Arden Grange) for them before too and they really like it. Just make sure you adjust the quantity of dry food accordingly for the amout of wet you're adding. Nature Diet is good stuff although I usually use Nature's Harvest now purely because the packs are easier to open :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 12:30:05 AM »
I put mine straight onto adult food at about 6 months and I've also mixed Nature Diet and dry food (Arden Grange) for them before too and they really like it. Just make sure you adjust the quantity of dry food accordingly for the amout of wet you're adding. Nature Diet is good stuff although I usually use Nature's Harvest now purely because the packs are easier to open :005:

Yes there is certainly a difference, Naturediet comes in trays with lids that need opening with scissors or a sharp knife, whereas I believe Nature's Harvest comes in sachets. Not sure of the contents of Natureharvest but I expect it must be at least on a par with Naturediet?
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 01:38:42 AM »

Yes there is certainly a difference, Naturediet comes in trays with lids that need opening with scissors or a sharp knife, whereas I believe Nature's Harvest comes in sachets. Not sure of the contents of Natureharvest but I expect it must be at least on a par with Naturediet?

No, Nature's Harvest is in trays as well, they just have easily peelable lids. Nature's Menu comes in sachets. They are all very similar ingredient and quality wise.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 09:30:25 AM »

No, Nature's Harvest is in trays as well, they just have easily peelable lids. Nature's Menu comes in sachets. They are all very similar ingredient and quality wise.

aha thanks for the info  ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 09:51:07 AM »
Thanks for your replies  :D
I think i will change my order to the adult and mix that with the natures diet as he seems to love it .