Author Topic: New addition????  (Read 3564 times)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: New addition????
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2009, 09:47:17 PM »
Jasper's beautiful :luv: Wishing you many happy years with him  :blink:

Me too, he's lovely :luv: :luv: :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline loumeg

• Site Member
  • Hi everyone i'm a bigger girl now
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2009, 09:52:32 PM »
Obviously.  And im sure he would be very good if we chose to work him.  BUT we dont as i am sure is the situation with many owners.  The show cockers had been bred with the sole purpose that they be shown.  Their breeder was very passionate about it.  But i dont understand why the inquisition  >:(  I have never come across such negativity on this site before, especially when welcoming a new puppy.  And i have been a member for some time now.

Offline loumeg

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2009, 09:55:13 PM »
Thanks Boof and Jenny Bee.  It is nice to share our happy event with others.  And yes he is gorg.  He is say on my knee now hELPIng me to type.  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2009, 09:56:30 PM »
Well here are the oohs and aahs Jasper and you deserve. He is just  :luv: :luv: :luv: but I am biased he is the double of my Molly! Sadly I missed out on her puppy years but have pics just like Jasper  :D
Looking forward to seeing the pupster grow up into a fine lad  :D
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2009, 09:58:07 PM »
OMG he is absolutely gorgeous...... hope you have a good night with him and that Cookie loves him as much as you obviously do!
Are you going to use a crate, or will he be free to run about?  I only ask cos we still crate our three little ones at night - as much as for their own safety with the 2  big dogs as for my own peace of mind!
I think he is adorable and who cares if he is black and white, or pink and blue???? He is a real cutie pie who is going to be great fun and give you lots of joy and laughter over the coming weeks, months and years!!! Good luck and keep the pictures coming!
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2009, 09:59:05 PM »
But do workers not deserve to be worked if they are from good working stock  :shades:

Yes they do, imo it's far more of an 'injustice' not to let a working bred dog fulfil its natural instincts and drive and do what it's bred for because of the effect this can have on the dog but there you go. He's a lovely puppy, nobody is disputing that but it's a shame that the working Cocker breeder you went to wasn't quite so passionate as the show breeder about his pups being used for what they should be bred for :-\  
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline loumeg

• Site Member
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2009, 10:07:39 PM »
But do workers not deserve to be worked if they are from good working stock  :shades:

Yes they do, imo it's far more of an 'injustice' not to let a working bred dog fulfil its natural instincts and drive and do what it's bred for because of the effect this can have on the dog but there you go. He's a lovely puppy, nobody is disputing that but it's a shame that the working Cocker breeder you went to wasn't quite so passionate as the show breeder about his pups being used for what they should be bred for :-\  

I see your point of view and i am in fully support of the show breeders opinions and passion.  But all breeders are different as are all pups as are all owners. I fully believe in respecting individuals decisions and opinions and allowing people to make their own decisions.  Autonomy is actually a wonderful thing.  Therefore i think it is best if this aspect of this thread ends and we concentrate on the important welcome of Jasper.  Please

Offline kerrypenny

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2009, 10:13:59 PM »
Welcome Jasper i hope and know you will enjoy every minute with him.  Big kisses from my black boy Cobi.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2009, 10:14:31 PM »

I see your point of view and i am in fully support of the show breeders opinions and passion.  But all breeders are different as are all pups as are all owners. I fully believe in respecting individuals decisions and opinions and allowing people to make their own decisions. 

As do I but unfortunately people are often so busy thinking about their choices and opinions (and not just in this case, in a lot of things) they often don't think about what the dogs would prefer! That's the last I'll say on it though ;) 
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline bernie

• Site Member
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2009, 10:14:50 PM »
Awwww Jasper is just sooooo gawjus  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
Love Bernie, Ruby and Ted x

Offline loumeg

• Site Member
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2009, 10:16:45 PM »
OMG he is absolutely gorgeous...... hope you have a good night with him and that Cookie loves him as much as you obviously do!
Are you going to use a crate, or will he be free to run about?  I only ask cos we still crate our three little ones at night - as much as for their own safety with the 2  big dogs as for my own peace of mind!
I think he is adorable and who cares if he is black and white, or pink and blue???? He is a real cutie pie who is going to be great fun and give you lots of joy and laughter over the coming weeks, months and years!!! Good luck and keep the pictures coming!

Cookie has her bed in the kitchen.  We have put Jasper in a crate at the min but really to give them both some space.  Cookie has totally accepted him but does get a bit heavy pawed with him during rough and tumble.  Last night Jasper was whining for about 10 mins when Cookie suddenly gave the loudest and longest howl ever.  Not sure what she said to Jasper but he immediately settled down and slept til 4am.  When he whined a bit then went back to sleep.

Not wanting to jinx us but he is doing really well with toilet training we have only had one little wee in the house and one in his crate last night.  Everything else has been done outside.  Could be a false start tho.   :o

Offline LinzB

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2009, 10:18:44 PM »
Congrats on your new arrival, JAsper is a proper cutie!!  :luv:
Her's hoping the good luck with the toilet training lasts!!  :shades:

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2009, 10:53:40 PM »
I'll close this now but further comments to welcome Jasper's arrival can be added to his thread on the Puppies Photo board (rather than have two threads running)

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=63234.0
Jane