Author Topic: Does your puppy bite your ankles? The Solution!  (Read 6156 times)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
Does your puppy bite your ankles? The Solution!
« on: August 20, 2009, 05:41:22 PM »
I'm becoming demented at the moment with Duggie taking sudden lunges at my feet and ankles every time I move, I'm covered in cuts and bruises, as it really does hurt, and he sounds like a wild animal when he launches his attacks. >:D

I'm not posting looking for a solution to it, as I hope know he will grow out of it, but what I am wondering is - what do you wear on your feet?! :o

I used to wear little satin mules with jewels on them, but they've got very few jewels on them now, and you'd never know they were satin! I'm now wearing trainers permanently from when I get up until I go to bed, but I really hate wearing socks and shoes indoors, and while my feet are quite safe, my ankles and calves are not! >:(

So, I'm thinking of resorting to those big slippers you get that go right up the leg and look like boots. I'll still have The Monster hanging off them, but I think my ankles should be safe, although last night he jumped up and grabbed my thigh, as he's getting big now! But, I'm passed caring what I look like anyway! :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
Re: Does your puppy bite your ankles?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 05:46:25 PM »
 To be honest Belle never really did this, she used to attach herself to my trousers when I was walking and sometimes attack any bare toes on display but not very often. He must be teething really badly :-\ Those boot like slippers sound like your best bet but hopefully it won't last too much longer ;)
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 05:48:44 PM »
Poor you :luv:. I think we must have been quite lucky with Brodie in a way because even though she was the demon puppy from hell >:D when it came to mouthing, she never really went for our ankles. It was more my hands/nose/ears that suffered and wearing jewellery was completely out of the question for months >:(. I hope you are back to wearing your mules (or what's left of them :005:) soon!

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 06:01:12 PM »
Wellies or trainers and cricketer's shin pads seem a good option at present. It is amazing how those little teeth and claws can hurt so much. :'(
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 06:15:45 PM »
Morgan was a nightmare biter as a puppy.  >:D I was used to being bare-footed indoors so that had to change!  :shades: He left his mark on everyone, but especially OH's ankles! We just stuck with wearing our shoes indoors until it got better. Bless his heart, he grew out of it eventually and I've been bare-footed again since he was about 6/7 months old.

The upside is that he now has a great bite-inhibition and never, ever mouths. Our previous cocker didn't bite much at all as a puppy and became a mean biter  >:( as an adult. Give me a bitey puppy every time!

"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 06:20:13 PM »
This is the back of my leg (it ain't easy taking a pic of your own calf! :005:)

And this is what happened to the satin mules - they're now in his toy box... ::)

I think I'll give OH's football shin pads a try, but I'll need to wear 2 pairs on each leg! :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 06:23:35 PM »
A pair of these is what you need. a nice pair of waders   ph34r :005:.  your leg looks really painful

http://www.fishingwaders.co.uk/Thighwaders.htm

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 06:36:08 PM »
Ouch!! that looks sore ::)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Han

• Darling Darcey
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 06:59:04 PM »

So, I'm thinking of resorting to those big slippers you get that go right up the leg and look like boots.

D was a winter pup so i had some of these.

three pairs she destroyed. but my ankles were safe  :005:

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 07:01:55 PM »
Do they make them for arms as well? ;)

Fiona, Dougie & Tia x

Offline sueneal5

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »
I know how you feel.  Dylan is 14 weeks old and he he isn't too bad with ankles, but my arms have the same marks as your legs do.  He also jumps up and has put 2 holes in a pair of my jeans ....around the inner thigh area  >:D >:D  That hurt!!!!!
If we sit on the settee he jumps up and again bites knees, thighs and my hubby has had to cover his modesty on several occasions  :lol:
To round off a fun day at the office, I now have an actual puncture wound on my arm to go with the scratches and bruises - brilliant  >:(
Why do I love him to bits......it will come back to me  ;)

Offline laurianna

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 07:03:08 PM »
Well i wear a pair of crock slippers because they are good round the kitchen and in the garden, a side affect of wearing them is that i cant feel Maisie round my feet and have stepped on her a few times, now she avoids walking round my feet at all!   :lol2: hopefully it will last.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »
Louis is more interested in shoelaces and trousers than ankles. I don't go barefoot in the house at the moment in case I step in something nasty (although his house training is going pretty well), but I wear a pair of cotton mules and Louis likes to lick my toes  :luv:. I just hope he doesn't start biting them instead when he's teething  ph34r

Offline puppy love

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »
Yes Saffs certainly does... not as much as Indie did though ,who punched holes in a lot of my jogging trousers. I didn't wear nice clothes for ages. Saffie is a lot calmer but does have her moments mainly first thing in the morning  ::)
Mims Saffs & Ins xxx

Offline caolanlee

• pippa and honey
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 07:17:39 PM »
my 10 week old puppy goes straight for ankles and feet barking at them  all the time especially when your trying to get across the kitchen floor those teeth are so sharp none of my other dogs done this as pups  really hope she grows out of it soon but when i look at her lovely wee face all is forgiven :luv:
sharon oneill