Author Topic: Does your puppy bite your ankles? The Solution!  (Read 6158 times)

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
Re: Does your puppy bite your ankles?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 08:20:28 PM »
looks painful, I once had to go to the doctors when Bella was a pup and I had to roll up my sleeve so she could take my blood pressure I had to explain that I had not been self harming but that I had a young cocker spaniel puppy at home.  :005:
She never drew blood but I was always covered in little yellow bruises.
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 08:48:29 PM »
Misty bites ankles, feet, toes, arms, fingers, children, toys, doors, Poppy's ears and anything else she can get a hold off! :005:
She is only coming up 9 weeks but is definately teething bad.
Although I don'y have bruises + cuts like yours. Ouch! ph34r
Jo.x
Jo, Poppy, Misty + Kinda.xx

Offline mcphee

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 09:06:38 PM »
I sympathise with all you victims of infantile cocker violence. I think Rufus must have been lulling me into a false sense of security because he never did this! I am not sure whether to feel hard done by or not! He did chew and destroy my daughters shoes, but only favourite expensive leather ones, but never us in terms of attacks. I can't believe darling Duggie would do such things!

Offline rwasinski

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 09:14:48 PM »
Blodwen has been doing exactly the same thing - although we have been training her to stop doing this by giving firm 'no's' and putting her in another room for a few seconds to calm her down from her growing and lunging. This has been working and her biting our arms and ankles has got a LOT better (although it has taken tears and bloodshed before we reached this stage!). Her tail always seems to be wagging throughout the playing so we know at least she is enjoying herself!

Jeans and long sleeves have saved us! Ice cubes too, as distraction, because she loves chewing those! But the training has saved us even more!

Rebecca, Blod-ness and Llew-bear!

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 09:27:17 PM »
Just ordered these! :005:

But in order to justify the delivery charge, I just had to buy a walking jacket and trousers as well. ::)

Dogs cost a fortune! :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline mcphee

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 09:32:50 PM »
Just ordered these! :005:

But in order to justify the delivery charge, I just had to buy a walking jacket and trousers as well. ::)

Dogs cost a fortune! :lol2:
Duggie must be helping you spend some money on yourself as therapy to make you feel better Fiona. But is he or Lance having anything matching?

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 09:37:28 PM »
Duggie must be helping you spend some money on yourself as therapy to make you feel better Fiona. But is he or Lance having anything matching?
Of course, if I have the slippers, then they must have the pyjamas... :lol2:
http://www.target.com/Leopard-Print-Dog-Pajamas/dp/B0009PM63U
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x

Offline mcphee

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 09:39:29 PM »
Of course, if I have the slippers, then they must have the pyjamas... :lol2:
http://www.target.com/Leopard-Print-Dog-Pajamas/dp/B0009PM63U
Lance's makeover is almost complete!

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 09:48:51 PM »
What was I thinking, I can't have my dogs in leopard print, they'll clash with my zebra print. ::)

However, there's no pjs in zebra print, so they'll just have to have these...
http://www.4-legged.com/Zack-Zoey-Wild-Side-Zebra-Print-Dresses-for-Dogs-p-17017.html
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 09:59:58 PM »
What was I thinking, I can't have my dogs in leopard print, they'll clash with my zebra print. ::)

However, there's no pjs in zebra print, so they'll just have to have these...
http://www.4-legged.com/Zack-Zoey-Wild-Side-Zebra-Print-Dresses-for-Dogs-p-17017.html

Poor Duggie + Lance  :rofl1:
Jo, Poppy, Misty + Kinda.xx

Offline LindseyB

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 10:20:13 PM »
Wow, I thought we were having problems with biting but luckily it seems to have settled down a bit now.. (Billy's 14weeks today) I couldn't wear anything but hard wearing trainers (or wellies) for the first few weeks, but now we can get away with socks and sandals. No slippers yet though, these are a red flag for certain biting still! >:D

It does get you down when it's constant and you just want to have fun and play games without ending up black and blue, but the intense biting will stop soon i'm sure.. although I still find little bruises and scratches all over my arms and legs when excitement gets the better of him! :lol2:

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 10:23:56 PM »
It does get you down when it's constant and you just want to have fun and play games without ending up black and blue, but the intense biting will stop soon i'm sure.. although I still find little bruises and scratches all over my arms and legs when excitement gets the better of him! :lol2:

Yes I found it incredibly hard with Brodie, she was a horror >:D. I couldn't even pet her without becoming victim to those teeth. She had me in tears several times, but she has turned into the most loving dog anyone could ask for (if a bit mad :005:), so it was worth it :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 10:26:54 PM »
Chloe used to attack my feet and legs, but only when I had footwear and jeans on....if I was bare-footed and bare-legged, she just licked me  :lol2: :lol2:..She did manage to bite my calf just once, and I was in tears, not so much because of the pain, but I thought she must have issues and imagined she was gonna be a biter for the rest of her life  ph34r :005:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 10:32:05 PM »
I just can't wait until he's past that stage and starts giving me cuddles and kisses instead of trying to bite my nose off! :005:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x

Offline LindseyB

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 10:34:25 PM »

Yes I found it incredibly hard with Brodie, she was a horror >:D. I couldn't even pet her without becoming victim to those teeth. She had me in tears several times, but she has turned into the most loving dog anyone could ask for (if a bit mad :005:), so it was worth it :luv:

I know how you feel.. I was convinced that Billy had 'rage syndrome' one night and my hubbie had to come home early because I was crying so much!  :'(  We'd only had him 3 days and looking back now it was such typical puppy behaviour!