Author Topic: Duggie's been stung in the mouth by a wasp  (Read 5594 times)

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
Re: Duggie's been stung in the mouth by a wasp
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 09:19:49 PM »
Ellie sends her sympathy to baby Duggie.  She was stung by a wasp on our early morning walk a few years ago on holiday in Suffolk.  I have never heard screaming like it.  I had to carry her one a half miles back to the holiday cottage, sweating profusely and thinking if one more person says 'dogs are supposed to be walked not carried' I will swing for them.  She didn't need to go the vets but it took her most of the day to forget it.

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 09:34:37 PM »
I was the same with Gari a couple of years ago, he got stung twice and collapsed, and I had to carry him about a mile to the car, and keep stopping to put him down for a second. Everyone stared at the small lady struggling to carry the big dog, but not one person helped me. ::)
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 09:44:05 PM »
Well i dont know he managed it but Dennis managed to get hold of a wasps in his mouth swallow it , and then fetch it back up dead in a pile of drool dead  :o and not have been stung. He didnt scream and i couldnt find any red or swelling and was fine in himself , so i can only presume it forgot to sting him  :D He was very lucky   ::)
My little girl got stung today  :'( and she did scream  :'( and all her hand went swollen

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 09:47:01 PM »
oh Duggie, you poor baby....look at your chops, how sore must that be  :o Be a strong brave boy for your Mum ....lots of love from Sue and Chloe  :-* :-*

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 09:48:18 PM »
Did anyone hear the Jeremy Vine show the other day, where a crazy man was saying that wasps are wonderful creatures and don't harm people unless you harm them. He was adamant that they don't sting for no reason, so I was wondering why one flew up and stung me when I was standing stock still doing nothing one day?! :o

I really see no point in them (no pun intended!), they are useless evil creatures. >:(
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 09:54:11 PM »
Did anyone hear the Jeremy Vine show the other day, where a crazy man was saying that wasps are wonderful creatures and don't harm people unless you harm them. He was adamant that they don't sting for no reason, so I was wondering why one flew up and stung me when I was standing stock still doing nothing one day?! :o

I really see no point in them (no pun intended!), they are useless evil creatures. >:(

Yep, I heard it Fiona, some folk are a bit weird  :shades: :005: I see no point in wasps either; my worst experience was being stung on the cheek when a wasp head butted me whilst I was innocently riding along on my motorbike with my visor up...I hate the blurry things  >:D

Offline gorgeouspoppy

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 09:56:18 PM »
Glad Duggie is back to biting your ankles! :005:
x
Jo, Poppy, Misty + Kinda.xx

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2009, 09:57:54 PM »
Did you hear the woman who feeds them little pieces of chicken? And I'm sure she said she lets them lick jam off her hand or mouth, but I might have been hallucinating by then! :005:

They are NOT cute, and I am a veggie animal lover, and like moths, spiders, etc, so I would like them if they were remotely nice! >:( :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2009, 10:03:40 PM »
Did you hear the woman who feeds them little pieces of chicken? And I'm sure she said she lets them lick jam off her hand or mouth, but I might have been hallucinating by then! :005:

They are NOT cute, and I am a veggie animal lover, and like moths, spiders, etc, so I would like them if they were remotely nice! >:( :lol2:

Yep, that woman is completely deranged (hope she's not a COLer  ph34r ;))

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2009, 10:16:36 PM »
I like wasps ph34r

I did a project on them with the Uni in Portugal at quite close quarters and I either had to get over my fear or fail the project :P. I completely understand why people hate them though, especially because of the bad reactions they can cause. And no, I don't use jam to try to tempt them anywhere near me :lol2:

Glad Duggie is feeling better :luv: :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 10:23:14 PM »
I like wasps ph34r

I did a project on them with the Uni in Portugal at quite close quarters and I either had to get over my fear or fail the project :P. I completely understand why people hate them though, especially because of the bad reactions they can cause. And no, I don't use jam to try to tempt them anywhere near me :lol2:

Oh no, sorry Jenny, I knew there would be a wasp lover out there  ph34r :005:

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2009, 10:27:42 PM »
I like wasps ph34r

Oh no, sorry Jenny, I knew there would be a wasp lover out there  ph34r :005:

Don't worry, I know I must be completely mad to like them :005:. Now spiders on the other hand.............yuck!

x In memory of Barney x

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 10:36:13 PM »
Poor Duggie! Dallas sends his sympathies cos thats where he always seems to get stung  ::)
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2009, 11:09:47 PM »
I like wasps ph34r
Ok, I am willing to listen to a semi-normal person's view on why wasps are good. ;) :005:

State your case for wasps! :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x

Offline BabyB

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2009, 11:22:41 PM »
Bless his little heart - gentle kisses for Duggie from me  :-* :-*
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind