Author Topic: Duggie's been stung in the mouth by a wasp  (Read 5635 times)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Duggie's been stung in the mouth by a wasp
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2009, 11:58:43 PM »
I like wasps ph34r
Ok, I am willing to listen to a semi-normal person's view on why wasps are good. ;) :005:

State your case for wasps! :D

Oh a challenge :lol2:. Right. 1.They play an important part in controlling other insects that damage crops (the only scientific bit I can remember off the top of my head from Uni :005:) 2. some of them have cute furry little armbands on their legs ph34r 3. They're less scary than spiders and are less likely to run up your sleeve when you're trying to catch them :o. 4. They don't grow to enormous sizes and then sit in dark places waiting to jump out at you 5. Running out of reasons, this is harder than it looks :lol:

Anyone convinced? Don't think I did a very good job there :lol2:

I'm just not scared of them - I am always careful around them and if Brodie was to be harmed by one then I would probably react the same way as you - veggie or not ph34r.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2009, 12:07:02 AM »
They're less scary than spiders

Not convinced  :005: Spiders are wonderful, I will happilly handle spiders...I regularly remove them from the wash hand basin and the bath and transport them outside  :-* I would NEVER voluntarily have any contact with a wasp  :005:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2009, 12:10:34 AM »
No , sorry cant see point  :lol2: They are ugly  :P nasty , buzzy and really bright yellow , does that not tell you something  :shades:

But your trying to convince the wrong person here , these nasty horrid creatures rule my life at the moment  >:D I dont go out alone , i will not have windows open and im hard pushed to answer the door incase one gets in  ph34r and most nights i fall asleep thinking of them  :embarassed:

I have a phobia of wasps as you can probably tell  ph34r and i dont blame you if you think im bonkers  :005: I did have hypnotherapy about 4 years ago which helped alot until this year , at the moment we are infested with them and im now back to stage 1. I really wish i could like them even a little then maybe i would take my children out to the park again  :D

My husband took them to the park today and my eldest Rebecca who is 5 (and very sensible and stands still when they are around her ) stood really still waiting for it to fly off her hand and it stung her  :'( evil creature  >:D  

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2009, 12:19:04 AM »

Not convinced  :005: Spiders are wonderful, I will happilly handle spiders...I regularly remove them from the wash hand basin and the bath and transport them outside  :-* I would NEVER voluntarily have any contact with a wasp  :005:

Well we'll each know who to call on if we ever need to be rescued from the little horrors :005:. I cannot deal at all with spiders, last year I spotted a massive one behind my bed and had to move into another room until the room was completely checked over and I was sure it had moved on :o

No , sorry cant see point  :lol2: They are ugly  :P nasty , buzzy and really bright yellow , does that not tell you something  :shades:

But your trying to convince the wrong person here , these nasty horrid creatures rule my life at the moment  >:D I dont go out alone , i will not have windows open and im hard pushed to answer the door incase one gets in  ph34r and most nights i fall asleep thinking of them  :embarassed:

I have a phobia of wasps as you can probably tell  ph34r and i dont blame you if you think im bonkers  :005: I did have hypnotherapy about 4 years ago which helped alot until this year , at the moment we are infested with them and im now back to stage 1. I really wish i could like them even a little then maybe i would take my children out to the park again  :D

My husband took them to the park today and my eldest Rebecca who is 5 (and very sensible and stands still when they are around her ) stood really still waiting for it to fly off her hand and it stung her  :'( evil creature  >:D  

I don't think you're bonkers at all, I totally understand why people find wasps so scary :-*. Phobias are horrible things, as I've wrote above I have one of spiders that has steadily gotten worse through the years - no one is ever going to convince me that they are nice, even though I know they are harmless I cannot bare to be in the same room as one ph34r. Sorry you are having such a hard time at the moment, hopefully it won't be long before the wasps have all gone away til next year :-* xx

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2009, 11:41:11 AM »
Poor Duggie.  I hope he is a lot better by now.

I hate wasps because they sting even when not provoked......hope it won't put the little fella off his kong.  Hugs from us all. x
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2009, 01:15:55 PM »

Not convinced  :005: Spiders are wonderful, I will happilly handle spiders...I regularly remove them from the wash hand basin and the bath and transport them outside  :-* I would NEVER voluntarily have any contact with a wasp  :005:

Same here, I like spiders too. I accidentally killed one while trying to save it and was realy upset about it. :P

Poor Duggie.  I hope he is a lot better by now.

I hate wasps because they sting even when not provoked......hope it won't put the little fella off his kong.  Hugs from us all. x

He's back to normal now, but he seemed quite wary of that Kong, but was later chasing a wasp, I think he thinks the Kong bit him! :o
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline kalem

• Limited Member
  • Me and my Gal xx
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2009, 07:57:39 PM »
Sorry I missed this Fiona  ph34r

Poor little man it looked so sore  :'( Glad he's feeling better  :luv: :luv:

"My World is Orange" with a few blonde highlights
To the world my Cocker is just a dog, to me my Cocker is the World

Offline rwasinski

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2009, 08:10:32 PM »
I saw a wasp in the kitchen this morning after quickly reading your thread Fiona and leaped about shrieking at my hubby to get rid of it in a panic! Hubby scolded me for behaving so ridiculously as I whacked against the window with his flip flop  :005:

Hubby came along calmly and swiped it with a piece of kitchen roll - phew. Not letting any wasps anywhere near Blodwen! Grrr!

Rebecca, Blod-ness and Llew-bear!

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2009, 10:08:25 PM »
Did you hear the woman who feeds them little pieces of chicken? And I'm sure she said she lets them lick jam off her hand or mouth, but I might have been hallucinating by then! :005:

Well I wish she had met the one that stung me a few years ago.   It stung my finger and my hand and arm swelled up so much I thought the skin was going to burst.  I ended up 3 days in hospital on an intravenous drip and steroids. 

Needless to say, you won't find me feeding them.

Offline BabyB

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2009, 10:37:37 PM »
I had to kill a 'dozy' bee that was on the grass that Henry was trying to play with.  It was either get the bee or Henry get stung, and I felt awful afterwards and kept apologising to it once the deed was done.

I don't like wasps -  >:D little bu**ers if you ask me, but Bee's only sting if provoked.

Sorry Bee
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2009, 11:15:51 PM »
My mum is allergic to them so we knew growing up how dangerous it was for her to be stung so myself and my 6 bros and sisters are all calm around wasps, either stay still or walk calmly away, never flap about or try to swat them which my OH does and he ends up getting swatted by me as it makes them angry and they will bite the next person they come accross  >:D, I have never been stung(I am 38) and neither have any of my children (oldest is 13). Obviously there are exceptions like Marias daughter but staying calm is the best way, not that you can explain that to pups or dogs of course ph34r
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2009, 11:18:33 PM »
Glad to hear Duggie is recovered. I detest wasps. They should be extinct!

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2009, 11:30:43 PM »
staying calm is the best way, not that you can explain that to pups or dogs of course ph34r
I was always taught that too, and I used to be terried I would have a reaction to them, as I have asthma and hayfever. But, one day I was just standing there, I didn't even see a wasp, and it flew up and stung me on the arm! :o

The ones that have dared come near Duggie since than are now extinct! >:( ;)
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »
staying calm is the best way, not that you can explain that to pups or dogs of course ph34r
I was always taught that too, and I used to be terried I would have a reaction to them, as I have asthma and hayfever. But, one day I was just standing there, I didn't even see a wasp, and it flew up and stung me on the arm! :o

The ones that have dared come near Duggie since than are now extinct! >:( ;)
Yes but surely you must know by now that you are Fiona and things like that happen to Fiona ph34r :005:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2009, 11:45:50 PM »
Yes but surely you must know by now that you are Fiona and things like that happen to Fiona ph34r :005:
That is so so true, and how embarrassing that you even know that! :005:

I have many many other tales of odd accidents and things happening to me that I haven't dared post, I'll have to post them very gradually so that I don't appear too strange... :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x