Author Topic: Crate Questions  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
Crate Questions
« on: September 22, 2004, 05:20:11 PM »
As you probably know I have a new pup called Jimmy.  I never used a crate with my other cocker Jess and was looking for some advice on how to use one successfully with jimmy.

My main problem is I just can't close the door when he's in there which is not often as he's always in the lounge with Jess and me.  He does pop in and out of there during the day and sleeps in there at night, but with the door open. He is such a busy little boy that I don't have the heart to shut the door on him (am I stupid or what?)  What if i shut the door and he starts crying to come out?  How long should they be left in there with door closed for any one period?

Sorry so many questions, never used one before :D  :D

Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline PennyB

Crate Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 05:35:59 PM »
I put my crate near the heart of things (in the sitting room/diner) so neither pup felt left out but could have some peace in the crate when they wanted. I have a blanket on the top but not so much that it covers it completely (as you need a free flow of air) but for some reason mine feel secure in it (they both still use it).
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
Crate Questions
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 10:13:19 AM »
Update on the crate,  it's in the garage :rolleyes:   Jimmy prefers Jess's old furry basket so there's one 30 in crate to go in the freeads this week :P

Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline dillydolly

• Site Member
    • http://
Crate Questions
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 10:20:46 PM »
my zorro loves his crate thts his den and he is put in it at night and the door closed and he sleeps downstares and i hear nothing out of him. During the day i put him in it for an hour just so i can do a few things without worrying what he is up to. He has his toys and bed in there and is happy as anything going in.