Author Topic: End of my tether......advice please....  (Read 5085 times)

Offline sophiew

• Donator
Re: End of my tether......advice please....
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2009, 04:00:56 PM »
I felt the same as you last night - I was tired and grumpy, pup was awake and lively... older dog had had enough of her, and there she was having learnt all sorts of bad things in since Monday (climbing stairs, hiding behind boiler, barking to get attention, biting toes - so much!) and I felt awful for almost losing my temper when she tried to jump up on the sofa for the hundredth time....  :embarassed:

This post has made me feel much better too! Hope things start to improve

Sophie
x

Offline loudgg

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2009, 04:35:53 PM »
I was covered in scatches and bites for a while. Probably between about 8 to 12 weeks was the worst. I had to  give time out so often!!!!Thankfully Bailey has found the joy of his toys ( and my bookcase >:( ) much more interesting in the last week or so. I think being able to get him out for walks to burn of some of that hyper energy has helped. Only really goes for the flesh now when he gets over excited. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that this stage runs its course quickly :luv:
Gil, Toby Jug & Bailey Boo x

Offline puppy love

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2009, 05:08:20 PM »
Indie was my first dog and now she is nearly 2, honestly she was such a biter and very manic, in the first few weeks that we had her i felt so emotionally drained it was unbelievable I just couldn't believe what she was like. Now though she is the sweetest most beautiful companion, please stick with it, by your posts you are doing really well so lots of hugs and best wishes to you from us ....... :luv:
Mims Saffs & Ins xxx

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2009, 07:30:04 PM »
Just made a note to myself to read this whole thread through when I get broody for a puppy  :005:

Glad you are feeling better today and looking forward to puppy classes - one word of warning, like you have already found many people will tell you your pup is 'dominant' or trying to assesrt themselves.  We were told this by our vet and everybody else who had a dog and thought they were 'experts' becuase Ben was such a nightmare.  It was only much later when I found COL I realised he had been just a normal cocker pup and I realised all those people who had advised me had never had a cocker  ;)   :D

Can't wait to see some pics of the angelic Ollie  :angel:  ;)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2009, 08:24:20 PM »
I'm glad you are feeling better today and reassured that you have a normal pup. :D

I always post pics and stories about Duggie and how great he is, etc, but I have actually been keeping a secret - I have the Puppy From Hell! >:D :005: He has been ankle biting since day one, I am always covered in cuts and bruises, and can't walk across the room without him starting. But now he is guarding, and what a nightmare he is! >:( Everything gets guarded, socks, food, chews, even my shopping yesterday as there was carrots in the bag. :o

Poor Tia is scared to walk past him when he has a Kong or a chew, I don't worry though as he is easily distracted by better things and soon drops whatever he's guarding, and I can take everything off him, but he finally went too far tonight, and actually really went for her when she dared to even walk past his chew. >:D So, all chews went in the bin with him watching, and he won't be getting any more. OH has been told not to leave any socks lying around, and nothing will be left within his reach.

So, don't worry, you're not alone, even my "angel" is a devil at times, but I know he will soon grow up and be a lovely dog, as he is lovely about 75% of the time. I can see why people panic and despair though with their pups, as when Duggie is being like that he sounds very aggressive and nasty, it would be easy to think he was a problem dog. :P

A lot of us are going through it with you, so there will always be someone on here to listen to you and try to help you. :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline annG

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2009, 10:35:57 PM »
The pour little things go threw with there teeth,
believe it stops as soon as it starts.loads chews.ware old clothes as well,.as they can distroy you.
and do not worry.
 believe it pays off in the end. pups not easy,its when you come out the other end all well be OK.
I have at diffrent times at about six dogs from pups, and hate the bits etc.but allways love the lovely dog just around the corner.
you will even forget the bits.
GOOD LUCK.
:)
JAFFA!

Offline lucyfo

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2009, 09:47:49 AM »
I've had this thread recommended to me and reading it has made me feel SO much better! I'm in exactly the same situation at the moment and it's wonderful to know I'm not alone - and neither are you! I'll think of you next time I have Maddy hanging off my ankle... which will probably be in about 2 seconds time...