Author Topic: Wicker And Orange Juice  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Bellbellsmum

• Site Member
    • http://
Wicker And Orange Juice
« on: October 21, 2004, 01:34:08 PM »
My horrible 9 year old gave Bella a bowl full of orange juice last night,  after she explained how Bella must have put it there (no i am not kidding) I thought nothing of it.

Put Bella to bed last night and she was whining a bit, but we ignored it so as not to make a rod etc.

This morning she had left a dollop of loose poo and 2 piles of sick with wicker in it.  

The question is did she eat the wicker to make herself sikc (aka grass) or did she be sick due to OJ.

Is wicker bad? Do I take her to vet?? :(  
Laura and Bella (Bellyflops) xxxxxx

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
Wicker And Orange Juice
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 01:47:30 PM »
If wicker was bad, my Molly wouldn't be here today - she devoured a basket when she was a pup :rolleyes: .  I would imagine there would be more danger in the lacquer used on it than in the wicker itself (and a danger of swallowing bits that are too large :blink: ).  I'd keep the orange juice under lock and key in future :D .  Kids eh? :rolleyes:

I think the orange would have caused her loose poo, really not sure about the wicker though.  Maybe someone more knowledgeable will be along to give you better advice.

Hope she's feeling better soon.
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline PennyB

Wicker And Orange Juice
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 02:51:24 PM »
The wicker was probably something nice to chew as thats what pups do if they have access to chewable things, and the loose poo becuase of too much orange juice.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Wicker And Orange Juice
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 03:56:30 PM »
and she was prob whining because she had a tummy ache and needed a poo :(  poor girl - hope she's feeling better now.

I never ignored a whining at anytime - it doesn't create a rod if you handle it right. Allow puppy to go out only to do wee or poo then straight back to bed - no fussing or anything. Might just save you a pile of poop in the morning ;)  
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
Wicker And Orange Juice
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 05:02:02 PM »
We have a wicker basket next to the fire for wood and Lennox,Molly and now jasmine love to have a good chew.As for the wood {thats for them thats what they think} alway's picking it up and putting it back.I think they are playing a game with me as they only do this when i'm in.
Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx

Offline Chrissy

• Site Member
    • Powerscourt Cocker Spaniels
Wicker And Orange Juice
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 08:29:10 PM »
Hello,

Just keep an eye on your girl.  One of mine ate a wicker basket when they were younger and wasn’t very well.  He started passing blood with his poo and was pooing “birds nests”.  I took him to the vets who said nothing was blocking his intestines (which was good) but the sharp bits had scratched and scraped their way through his body hence the blood in the poo.   He gave him an anti-inflammatory injection and some antibiotics to be on the safe side.  Once he’d passed his last “birds nest” he was fine, however our vet did say we were lucky as any of these sharp “daggers” could have perforated his bowel with drastic consequences.

Chris