Author Topic: And another new one!!  (Read 1550 times)

Offline luckyone

And another new one!!
« on: November 27, 2009, 08:39:27 PM »
I've been lurking for a while and thought it was about time I introduced myself. I've had my lovely girl for a month - she's 14 weeks old now - orange roan called Lucky. She's called Lucky because she is my third cocker the other two had significant health problems, resulting in their early demise. Everything crossed for a healthy girl. I will probably be posting with every minor complaint - i am rather anxious about her but up to now she's doing well. I would love to post piccies but will need the expertise of my child to do that...it looks too complicated.
Hello to everyone and i look forward to getting to know you all better.

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
Re: And another new one!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 08:41:57 PM »
Hello, welcome to COL, I have 2 show cocker's Millie is a solid black aged nearly 15 yrs and Hattie a blue roan aged 19 months.  Look forward to seeing photos of Lucky soon.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 08:46:42 PM »
Hi and welcome from me and mine.  Sorry to hear about the premature loss of your previous cockers and hope she is third time Lucky

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 09:01:53 PM »
Hi and welcome from me and mine.  Sorry to hear about the premature loss of your previous cockers and hope she is third time Lucky

Ditto from me and Chloe  :luv:

Hope you enjoy the forum...I'm sure you will, you'll be an addict in no time  :D Good luck with puppy Lucky, will look forward to hearing lots more about her  ;)

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
Hello, I have an orange roan too! he's called Morgan and will soon be 18 months old. I'm sure you'll soon manage to post a photo of your Lucky soon but I bet she's gorgeous  :luv: I'm sorry to hear about your other cockers and I  understand how anxious you are about Lucky. There are loads of experts (not me!) on here, and everyone is always willing to help if you are concerned.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 09:59:11 AM »
Hello and welcome to COL. :D

I am so sorry to hear about your previous Cockers, I lost my boy recently too, and I know how horrible it is. :'( I really hope that Lucky lives up to her name and has a long, happy and healthy life. :luv:

I have 2 black show Cockers, Duggie and Tia. Duggie is 6 months (part of his KC name is "Lucky"!) and Tia is 4 and a half, we have only had her for 2 months, and she is from Many Tears. :luv:

I look forward to reading your posts about Lucky and seeing some photos once your child show you how to do it! :005:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Marialh

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 12:57:52 PM »
Hello and welcome!

I know what you mean about worrying on every little thing. You love them so much (even when they're being wicked)  :lol2:

Hope all goes well, your Lucky is the same age as my Bracken, so I shall be eager to hear of new experiences  :D

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 02:05:21 PM »
So sorry to hear about the loss of your other two Cockers.  :'(  :'( Welcome to the very addictive COL. You will find lots of info on here that will hopefully help to put your mind at rest.  :luv: My name is Sarah and I am owned by the crew below.  ;)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 02:29:23 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL  :D

Really sorry to hear about the loss of your first two Cockers.

I have a 5 year old orange roan called William, my good boy  :luv:, and a 5 month old blue roan and tan called Louis, my naughty boy  :lol2:

Offline luckyone

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 08:13:02 PM »
Thank you so much for the lovely welcome. We've had a great day today, now that Lucky can venture out for small walks - she's like a rabbit bounding up the road. I ordered a great little fleece harness, i got the link off this site (thank you) and it is brill!!! She is really comfy in it.
I was completely ignorant when i bought my first cocker...got her in a shop :o and ended up having her put to sleep after a brain tumour developed - she was 18 months old. My second girl (blue roan) developed all sorts of skin problems...years of steroids/antibiotics left her with pancreatitis and to my utter horror and absolute distress, whilst on holiday abroad (only 2 days in) i received a call to say she was unwell. i spoke to the vet that evening who told me my lovely lottie was dying....I wasn't even there when she was put to sleep and i still grieve this (it was in august this year). She was just 6 years old. Coming home from the holiday was a nightmare ( well the holiday was - i couldn't settle) and coming back to an empty house was awful.
I thought long and hard before deciding on another cocker - i simply could not 'take' to the idea of a different breed....don't know why. So, found a reputable breeder and waited like a crazed fool for my new girl, lucky. Time certainly helps...i just wish they could have lived longer... :'( :'(

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 10:36:19 PM »
Oh what a terrible time you must have had with your first two cockers.

I'm sure lucky will help you get over your hurt. Here's wishing her a long healthy happy life.

I have 5 cockers. A black girl, a liver girl and my 3 rescues boys.

I love them all and couldn't bear to lose one.

Welcome to COL
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline dogsgalore

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 05:49:04 PM »
Welcome to COL.  I have Skye, 4 month old Blue Roan, plus Millie the lab and Jock the Westie.   Hope Lucky helps you to heal from the loss of your other cockers.
Kath, Skye plus Jock and Millie

[img]

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 06:38:10 PM »
Welcome to COL!

I have Poppy who is a 5 month old blue roan show type and Tessa a 5yr old Springer. Really sorry to hear about your loss, I too lost a cocker earlier in the year and I think all of us on here would understand why only a cocker will do! Looking forward to seeing a Lucky pic soon  :D