Author Topic: Hi - im new  (Read 2363 times)

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
Re: Hi - im new
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 09:47:57 PM »
Welcome to COL  ;)

Sounds like you're well prepared  :005: My one tip, especially because you are going to be leaving your pup a couple of half days a week, is to crate train him. There's lots of threads on here about how to do it; then you can go off to work knowing that he is safe in his little den, and, if you persevere with it, he'll learn to love it.

Have fun with your wee boy and enjoy the forum  ;)

Sue and Chloe

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 10:10:38 PM »
Hi, welcome to COL.

With regard to sleeping in the bedroom, IMO don't do it unless you're prepared to do it forever (well the odd night won't hurt) you could try him downstairs and see how it works, have you thought about a crate? There are loads of threads on here about it. BTW my girl Gizmo sleeps with me... in my bed  ph34r , so i'm not saying that it's bad, just that it will become routine   ;)

As far as toys, mine had loads but only a few stuck, but give them a screwed up papar bag, loo roll centre or pair of knickers or sock and they're well away  :lol2: They didn;t take to the kong instantly but when I got it ou a little later they seemed quite impressed.

Sounds like you're well prepared but don't forget carpet cleaner and paper towels and a fully charged camera  :D Can't wait to see piccys  :luv:
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline Marina and Saartje

• www.cockerandfriends.nl
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 10:17:51 PM »

Hello and welcome  :banana:

We have Saartje, a chocolate girl and we are waiting for Teun a gold sable puppy who's now 2 weeks old. We're from the Netherlands My husbands name is Marco

Hello, I was just looking through some posts and noticed the small picture of you with Saartje and she looks just like my Chester who is 9 months old. Have you got any more pictures of her to post? I'd love to see them :luv:

This is my little man  :luv:

Just click at the link below lots of pics of Saartje ;)
http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=64279.0/
greetings,
Marina, Saartje and Teun

Offline cockers rock!

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 10:22:49 PM »
Welcome

You will quickly become addicted to CoL.

Guess Marco coming home tomorrow - you must be so excited!!

Kept my pup on the food the breeder supplied (Royal Canin).  He was a really picky eater for a month or so and as the vet had said he needed to put on some weight I really pandered to him cooking him eggs,chicken, steak etc.   We perservered and now he is a real foodie.  I know many on here feed Burns which has a good reputation.  Basically try and keep your pup on what he was given by his breeder and see how it goes.

Re toys mine loves his soft toys in particular a monkey which makes monkey noises.  It was about the same size as he was when he came home.  Now it is his favourite pillow.  He was not so keen on rubber bones or kongs but loved rope toys.

Hope you have an amazing day tomorrow - lots of photos please!!

Offline maccie75

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 04:54:34 PM »
He has arrived - got Marco yesterday and he is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Totally smitten he was so good travelling in the car slept most of the way and has enjoyed biscuits and water today and a little veg and chicken for tea - one happy puppy dog with full belly.

Pictures to follow as soon as he sits still long enough!!

Debbie

Offline maccie75

Picture at long last of Marco
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 10:07:49 PM »

Photo of Marco at 8 weeks.

xx Debbie

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 10:27:57 PM »
oh, he's gorgeous  :luv: Perhaps you should post the pic of him on the puppy photo board.....you want to get as many people going ooooowwww and arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr as possible  :luv:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline smartietopdog

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 06:50:13 AM »
What a beautiful, beautiful boy. You really are so lucky!! :luv: :luv:

Offline raca47

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 09:21:41 PM »
Ahhh! He's yummy  :luv:
Catherine

Offline haggerty

• Cocker Spaniels rule :) x
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009, 08:40:58 PM »
Hi
Marco is lovely  :luv:
I own a 18 month old black cocker who is our special little boy! I am thinking about getting another puppy but would love to
find a breeder that has chocolate brown pups! Is your breeder in the south east at all???
Would love to get in contact with them? maybe you could Personal message me?
Thanks
Lisa xxx
Crazy charlie

x