Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Luce

Hello All
« on: February 15, 2010, 03:28:08 PM »
Hi, my name is Lucie and i am about to become the proud owner of Teddy, an 8 week old chocolate roan, we pick him up on Thursday and im beside myself with excitement, probably equal to, if not more than my two children are.
I have been avidly looking at the many posts, finding out as much info as i possibly can to help Ted settle in over the first few weeks and beyond, i must say that you all seem really friendly and helpful.
Well the countdown continues, 3 more sleeps...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!  :005: :D
Best wishes

Luce

Offline Sheepscheeks

• Have to keep running or me feets will freeze!
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 04:13:30 PM »
Hi! I am a relative newcomer too. We have a 17 week old chocolate roan called Freddie. Welcome to COL - an invaluable (and addictive) source of info!!! Have you had a puppy/dog before? How old are your children?  :D
Paula & Freddie x

Offline RoxyRed

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »
Welcome, im a newbie too, have a golden puppy whos 10 weeks called Roxy, the info on here is so helpful and valuble .

Bet your so excited.

You got any photos yet?

xx

'A Dog is the Only Thing on Earth that Loves You, More than He Loves Himself'

RIP Roly at the Bridge 12.4.93 - 11.11.10

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 05:11:48 PM »

Welcome  You must be very excited about getting your new pup.  I have a chocolate rowan Dylan aged 8yrs and Jessie a solid chocolate who is 5yrs.

Offline Luce

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »
I absolutely cant wait, I had dogs at home as a child, my parents had a multitude of different spaniel types, 2 were rescued springers and they had an Irish Water Spaniel from a puppy so i am used to being around dogs, and love the spaniel nature (super happy to see you).

I now work part time and it is now the right time for us as a family to have a very wanted addition. I only work 3 half days and my mum is going to be popping in to puppy sit during this time....and also taking him to her house after he has his jabs to play with her 2 little rescue terriers.

My children are 9 and 11 and will hopefully be willing dog walkers, although we go out on walks now, it never seemed quite right without a dog, like there is something missing, perhaps this goes back to always having had dogs in the family.

I have been sent 30 plus pics of our little Teddy so far, our breeder has been fantastic keeping us up to date with his progress. i need some practice with putting them on here, will probably try over the course of the weekend providing i can peel myself away from him for a few mins lol

Thanks for the replies
Lucie

Offline Little-Miss-Molly

• Inactive
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 05:29:04 PM »
Hi welcome Lucie  :D Oh a little chocolate roan how lovely  :luv: can't wait to see the pics.

Offline dogsgalore

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 05:47:49 PM »
Hi and welcome.  How exciting for you all.  I have Skye, 6 month old Blue Roan and she is fantastic.  Also have Millie the Lab and Jock the Westie.  Look forward to seeing pictures! :blink:
Kath, Skye plus Jock and Millie

[img]

Offline luckypenny

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 06:01:39 PM »
Hi thre - I'm not surprised you're excited :005: :005:. I have Penny, an orange roan who is nearly 10 months - we need some pics of Teddy ASAP!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 08:11:23 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL :D

I have 5 year old orange roan William and naughty 8 month old blue roan and tan Louis.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Teddy :luv:

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 08:16:21 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You will find it sooooooooooo informative and there is always someone to help.
Really looking forward to seeing the photos of little Teddy.
It is great for children to grow up with a dog  :luv:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline K1m8

• I LOVE MY DOGGIES
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 08:19:04 PM »
hi welcome, im a newbie to the site aswell. i have lola 2 & 1/2 yr female blue roan and dodger 7 month male black & tan. . . . . cant wait to see photos x

Offline B52

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 09:58:42 PM »
Welcome

COL is very addictive - have fun...

Bracken is just over 16 weeks, and she has her crocodile moments, but currently curled up on the sofa ;) looking angelic... :luv:

Its all worth it

xl