Author Topic: Olly and Sally  (Read 840 times)

Offline SallyC

• My Boys
Olly and Sally
« on: February 16, 2010, 05:31:18 PM »
I like to introduce myself, I'm Sally, I live with my OH and my 10 yr old daughter and we are the proud owners of 6 month old Oliver (Olly).  He's a Blue Roan and he lights up our lives and brings a smile to our faces on a daily basis!  I'm really enjoying COL and I thought it was about time to get more involved.  We are currently in the process of becoming the proud parents of another puppy - he's only 3 weeks old at the moment, so he's not ready to leave mum for another 5 weeks, we've got photos of him (he's gorgeous - black, tan and a little bit of white) and we're going to see him at the weekend - we are all so excited!!

Any advice or tips on introducing new puppy to our baby greatfully received.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Dogs' lives are too short.  Their only fault, really.

Offline SJP

• Site Member
Re: Olly and Sally
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 05:40:40 PM »
Hello and Welcome. 

I'm also Sally and I live with Lola a black working cocker who is 3.
You will get lots of advice on here its v.v.v. addictive.

Look forward to seeing pics of Olly and your new baby (what's his name) when you get him.
Sally & Lola xxx

Offline Noodle

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 06:11:40 PM »
A warm welcome from me and Tess who is a 12 month old Black working cocker.
You are very brave getting another pup, i am sure someone will be along soon with some advice for you  :D
Nic, Tess & Bella x

Offline SallyC

• My Boys
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 06:16:20 PM »
Hi Sally (and Lola), thanks for welcoming us to COL.  I've managed to work out how to post photos on the photo board and I have posted 3 of Olly - I hope you like them.  I understand the pups have to be 8 weeks before you can post photos - is that correct?  If so, I will post them when he's old enough - my OH has chosen his name because he said I had it all my way with Olly, can't really argue with that!!  He's chosen Alfie.

Totally agree with you about this being addictive, I should be getting the tea!  ha ha!

Look forward to hearing from you again soon x

Offline SallyC

• My Boys
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 06:20:41 PM »
Hi Nic and Tess, thank you for your welcome, I'm looking forward to receiving lots of helpful advice.  We are all looking forward to the challenge that lies ahead!!

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 07:15:02 PM »
Hi Sally and Olly
I have two working cocker girlies.  They are litter sisters - there is a piccie in my avatar when they were puppies. They are now two and a half years old.  They were VERY hard work when they were younger but now they are just lovely, happy, biddable dogs that give me pleasure every day.  :luv: :luv:
You will find lots of information about cockers on this site (and lots of other things).
You are able to post photos of your new puppy on here- I think the rule about them being 8 weeks applies to breeders.  ;)
You will find that other members have posted piccies of their new pups that breeders have sent them.
Look forward to seeing them  :luv:
Welcome to the forum  :D
Just seen the photos of Olly and he is lovely  :luv:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 07:27:15 PM »
Hello & Welcome to COL Sally  :D

Just seen the pics of Olly....he is gorgeous.  :luv:  Good Luck for your 1st visit to see little Alfie & look forward to some pics.  :luv:

My boy is also called Alfie...he is just 6 yrs old & a choc roan.  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline RoxyRed

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 11:43:11 AM »
Hey and Welcome,

Im new too, have a 10 week old red show puppy called Roxy.

The pic of Olly is absolutely gorgeous, get my internet at home tomorrow so im going to get some pics up of my little 'crocodile'lol. Looking forward to seeing the pics of your new addition.

xxx

'A Dog is the Only Thing on Earth that Loves You, More than He Loves Himself'

RIP Roly at the Bridge 12.4.93 - 11.11.10