Author Topic: How rude of me! Hello everyone!  (Read 878 times)

Offline Sarah71

How rude of me! Hello everyone!
« on: February 21, 2010, 08:16:33 PM »
How rude of me  :o I joined a few days ago and haven't come along to say hello.

I'm Sarah and myself and my family are looking for a cocker to come and join us. We spent a lovely morning at Lancashire Cocker Spaniel Show today having a look at various dogs and getting a feel for them. Oh boy they're gorgeous  :luv: :luv: If any of you were there today my little boy was the lad in a yellow top who "showed" (he's only 5 and spent the whole time chasing the dog, the owner was very patient, thank you if that was you!!!! :lol:)

We're hoping to get a blue roan or an orange roan in the next couple of months, we're not certain yet which sex to go for as they both seem to have their little quirks  ;) We won't be showing or breeding, we simply want a lovely temperament as we  have children, and a healthy happy dog.

Looking forward to getting to know you all more  :blink:

S :blink:

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
Re: How rude of me! Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 08:34:12 PM »
Welcome to COL  :D

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 08:39:42 PM »
Welcome to Col Sarah.

Cockers can become very addictive. I have 5  ph34r :lol2:

Hope you find your perfect doggy soon.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 08:42:11 PM »
Welcome to Col, sounds like you have been doing all the right things in your search for a new family member. We have Belle she is one next month, she is great with the kids (we have 4) as long as the kids and the pup learn their boundaries you will be fine ;) We are at present looking for a Golden pup you shouldn't have much trouble finding a Blue or Orange roan as that is all I am being able to find ;)
Enjoy COl I don't know what I did before I found it :005:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 08:42:57 PM »
Welcome to the site Sarah.
You will find it very informative, supportive and very addictive.  :005:
Keep us all up to date on your prospective puppy = colour, sex, name etc and photos are a MUST.
I have two working cockers - they are in my avatar (as puppies) and are now 2 and a half years old.
I love being a cocker mum and hope you get as much pleasure from your little one as I get from mine.  :luv:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 08:45:17 PM »
Welcome to COL :D

I own orange roan William, who is nearly 6 years old, and blue roan and tan naughty puppy Louis, who is 8 months old. I've always owned male Cockers and personally I think they're a bit more straightforward than the girls, but there will be as many people on here who disagree with that as those who agree!

Have you thought about if you want a show type Cocker, which is what you saw today, or a working Cocker? And are you aware of the health testing that the parents of your puppy should have had before being used for breeding?

There's lots of useful threads on here to help you find the right pup. Good luck with your search :D

Offline Sarah71

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 09:25:52 PM »
Thanks for the welcome all  :shades:

Elaine - we have done quite a bit of reading up on the breed, and have decided a show cocker would be better for our family rather than a working. I have too looked into the health issues, and the breeders we have spoken to (who were at the show today) have all said their puppies come with certs to show they're ok.

Regarding the sex it's really hard, DH always had female dogs when he was growing up so we're leaning towards that - but then having spoken to a breeder we're again undecided as we hadn't thought too much about seasons and so on, and with kids I think that's quite important!

Lots of decisions to make  :005:

Thanks again

S :blink:

Welcome to COL :D

I own orange roan William, who is nearly 6 years old, and blue roan and tan naughty puppy Louis, who is 8 months old. I've always owned male Cockers and personally I think they're a bit more straightforward than the girls, but there will be as many people on here who disagree with that as those who agree!

Have you thought about if you want a show type Cocker, which is what you saw today, or a working Cocker? And are you aware of the health testing that the parents of your puppy should have had before being used for breeding?

There's lots of useful threads on here to help you find the right pup. Good luck with your search :D

Offline tigs71

• Evie's Cake Design
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 09:29:14 PM »
Welcome Sarah  :D

Good luck with the search for your new addition  :luv:
Elaine & Mason X

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 09:43:38 PM »
Welcome :) Enjoy your search!!  I've a one year old blue roan female show cocker - she's an absolute sweetheart, loves kids, people (tho reflective jackets get a second look) and other animals! 
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown