Author Topic: Collecting our puppy on Saturday!  (Read 807 times)

Offline Sarah71

Collecting our puppy on Saturday!
« on: February 24, 2010, 12:30:25 PM »
We're feeling rather excited! :banana: We have been in discussion with a breeder who has got some puppies who are ready, and we're going on Saturday to meet them and hopefully bring one home with us  :luv:

The breeder is someone we have researched and is recommended to us so we're confident we'll be ok - we just have the hard task of deciding which little pupster will want to own us!  :005:

I'll post pics when we get home, it's sooo exciting!

:blink:

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
Re: Collecting our puppy on Saturday!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 01:04:03 PM »
I know exactly how you are feeling, i have had Selby home for a week now, and oh how he has transformed our lives. cant imagine life without him now, let us know how you get on.. its sooo exciting.

Offline RoxyRed

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 01:25:51 PM »
We went to see Roxy on a Thursday and got her the day after, Friday. We didnt really look into the breeder or do any research  :-\ Having said that Roxy's mum and dad were beautiful and we saw other pics of other litters her dogs had had, including a litter of cockapoos. She had been a breeder for a number of years. Bet you are so excited. I only had to wait a day and it felt like a lifetime,lol  :D

xxx

'A Dog is the Only Thing on Earth that Loves You, More than He Loves Himself'

RIP Roly at the Bridge 12.4.93 - 11.11.10

Offline Jenna

• Bailey Boy!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 01:31:06 PM »
Ooh, how exciting!!!

Good Luck with the new pup, and pics are a must!

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 06:41:22 PM »
I bet you can't wait....still going to meet and get on one day is very lucky  :luv: We had to wait on a list.....wait for the pups to be born and luckily we were next in line for a blue roan baby...if Pops had been born lemon roan like her sisters we would have had to carry on waiting...then of course we had to wait 8 weeks before she came home. It was worth every minute of that time. Enjoy your new arrival and we look forward to seeing your pics soon  ;)

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 08:06:29 AM »
Aw lots of luck, it's an exciting time!

Just a gentle reminder though - have you asked about the level of health testing the breeder has done etc? In my experience, it is unusual for a good breeder to have a number of pups to choose from that are 8 weeks old, usually they are all reserved by then, and a lot of good breeders will even have the pup's reserved before they are born - have they explained to you why this is?

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Sarah71

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 08:26:07 AM »
We have checked her, yes. Breeder has a male that sired her 2 females and there are 2 litters, and 2 puppies are left from each litter. They have a lot of showing in them and are traceable online easily. All health checks have been made too.. so I THINK we have done the right thing?

They are KC reg and like I have said, I have found lots of mentions of the kennel name online.

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 08:06:23 PM »
Hope the visit went well Sarah? Any news?

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie